$150K — $200K *
Are you inspired by building new technologies to benefit customers? Do you dream of being at the forefront of robotics and autonomous system technology? Would you enjoy working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, start-up like environment? If you answered yes to any of these then you've got to check out the Amazon Scout .
We've been hard at work developing a new, fully-electric delivery system - Amazon Scout - designed to get packages to customers using autonomous delivery devices. These devices were created by Amazon, are the size of a small cooler, and roll along sidewalks at a walking pace. We developed Amazon Scout at our research and development lab in Seattle, ensuring the devices can safely and efficiently navigate around pets, pedestrians and anything else in their path.
The Amazon Scout shares a passion for innovation using advanced technologies, a love of solving complex challenges, and a desire to impact customers in a meaningful way. We're looking for individuals who like dealing with ambiguity, solving hard, large scale problems, and working in a startup like environment. To learn more about Amazon Scout, check out our Amazon Day One Blog post here: http://amazon.com/scout
Amazon is seeking a talented and motivated Electrical Engineering Manager to a of electrical engineers from concept to production across a broad array of technologies and volumes. Must possess good communication skills, enjoy problem solving and collaborate closely across the company.
The EE Manager will be responsible for:
• Owning the delivery of Electrical products to market on time, in budget and at the targeted performance
• Scoping, managing, and delivering multiple technical projects in parallel from concept to production
• Developing and reporting performance metrics for the electrical engineering to peers and executives
• Recruiting and developing great people; continually raises the bar
• Evaluating and identifying improvements to the overall design processes
• Maintaining high level of communications with cross-functional , and partners
• Interfacing with engineering managers, product management, and/or program management to drive new product development programs from concept to production
• Familiar with industry standard CAD design tools, industry trends, and design for manufacturability.
• Demonstrated ability to manage and motivate a design team
• Ability to manage a process driven development mentality while also balancing time to market
• Commitment to rigorous testing & validation practices
• Experience with the project management of technical projects
• Strong organizational and skills
• Desire to work in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent written (white papers) and oral communication skills
• Robotics Experience
• Proven track record of developing products for large volume production
• Experience managing challenging assignments with aggressive schedules
• Experience with developing ISO or IEC safety rated systems
Valid through: 3/3/2021