Google's custom-designed machines make up one of the largest and most powerful computing infrastructures in the world. The Hardware Testing Engineering team ensures that this cutting-edge equipment is reliable. In the R&D lab, you design test equipment for prototypes of our machinery and develop the protocols used to scale these tests for the entire global team. Working closely with design engineers, you give input on designs to improve our hardware until you're sure it meets Google's standards of quality and reliability.
You use your technical expertise to create test plans for highly complex platforms (e.g., validating the interaction of multiple pieces of equipment at the networking and subsystem levels), and diagnose highly complex hardware or software issues using your deep knowledge of component design characteristics. You also consult on testing issues for vendors and manufacturers.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Only one thing consistently stands in the way between our users and the world's information—hardware. Our Consumer Hardware team researches, designs, and develops new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, more powerful, and seamless. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, our Consumer Hardware team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Manage lab technicians; organize, audit, and manage a lab environment to ensure high productivity for multiple engineering teams and identify and recommend creative ways to leverage and/or enhance existing practices.
- Perform Inventory tracking of all electrical lab equipment and create and maintain all maintenance and calibration tracking for all electrical lab equipment.
- Assemble, disassemble, and modify product prototypes and troubleshoot electricalcircuits down to the component level. Solder and rework (fine pitch components, 0201, 0402, QFNs, BGAs, etc.).
- Manage and drive lab expenses for supplies, equipment, and capital expenditures and enforce lab safety and compliance policies.
- Associate's degree in Electronic Technology or related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 8years of industry experience with electricaltroubleshooting, electrical assembly, and mechanical assembly.
- EE and RFexperience with high speed DSO, power spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, antennas and call boxes.
- BA/BS degree in Electric Technology or related field.
- Experience in setting up an Engineering lab
- Knowledge of LabVIEW and experience with bash scripting, Python.
- Successful track record of ordering components and working with purchasing, outside vendors, manufacturing engineers, and contract manufacturers
- Full understanding of SI/PI and RF measurement systems. Familiar with and develop hw validation test plans for mobile phones
- Excellent electrical assembly and debugging skills