VIAVI (NASDAQ: VIAV) has a 90+ year history of technical innovations that have evolved to keep pace and address our customer’s most pressing business issues. We make equipment, software, and systems that help to plan, deploy, certify, monitor, and optimize all kinds of networks - like those for mobile phones, service providers, large businesses and data centers. VIAVI is also a leader in high performance thin film optical coatings and engineered diffusers, providing light management solutions to anti-counterfeiting, consumer electronics, automotive, defense and instrumentation markets.
We are the people behind the products that help keep the world connected – at home, school, work, at play, and everywhere in between. VIAVI employees are fierce about supporting customer success and we welcome people who bring their best every day to the company - to question, to collaborate and to push for solutions that will delight our customers.
VIAVI’s OSP business is home to renown experts in the management of light. From specialty filters used for space exploration to custom color solutions for paints, inks, and textiles, VIAVI products help to protect the world’s currency from counterfeiters, enhance the colors you see, and enable advanced technologies such as 3-D sensing.
VIAVI OSP core competencies are in the areas of:
- Optical Coatings
- Optical Filters, including 3-D Sensing Filters
- Anti-Counterfeiting Security Technology
- Miniature Spectroscopy
- Special Effects Pigments & Custom Color
- Large-Scale Optics
VIAVI OSP customers span many sectors, including:
- consumer electronics
- BSEE with a minimum of 5 years of experience.
- Can effectively communicate as a project leader or team member and be able to contribute to solve technically complex problems.
- Can demonstrate ability to focus on multiple tasks or projects and drive to completion.
- Designs, develops, modifies, evaluates, or troubleshoots electronic and or electrical parts, components or circuitry for electronic/electrical equipment, or other hardware systems and/or electrical engineering applications.
- Has familiarity with PLC’s and HMI Programming Software.
- Is proficient in the understanding and the application of the National Electric Code (NFPA 70), the Electrical Standard for Industrial Machinery (NFPA 79), and Electrical Safety (NFPA 70E).
- Has experience using a schematic system design software for the design of electrical distribution and control systems on machinery.
- Has familiarity with the regulation and control of High Voltage Power Supplies (>10000V DC).
- Familiarity in web handling including closed loop control and vacuum coating technology a plus.
- Can analyze equipment to establish operating data, conducts experimental tests and evaluates results.
- Selects components and equipment based on analysis of specifications and reliability and reviews vendor capability to support equipment development.
- Can work with Technicians and Engineers across multiple departments.
- Capability of modest travel both domestic and international a plus.