Provides efficient, effective and timely electrical expertise to design and program management of Keesler AFB facility projects as part of Civil Engineering Services Branch’s staff. Interfaces with customer, engineering, and contracting management personnel. Accomplishes other administrative tasks as required to ensure effective contractor civil engineering services customer support to Keesler AFB.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES
- Work in conjunction with other Engineering personnel to analyze and calculate technical requirements, e.g., geotechnical, hydraulic, architectural, structural, mechanical and electrical, utilized in producing the technical portions of the Project contract documents, i.e., drawings, specifications, and estimate.
- Provide the appropriate technical discipline required to provide analysis, planning, research, resource determination, calculation and assistance for any technical problem or requirement.
- Identifies and validates project design requirements with all project team members and applicable external organizations (safety, security, etc) and the end user to further refine and coordinate project requirements and criteria identified during project programming. Coordinates completed design process with the end user.
- Provides necessary construction documents (drawing, specification, cost estimates and other required documents) using automated tools such as Computer Aided Design and Drafting (CADD), word processing, spreadsheet and other applicable automated systems.
- Performs construction management for Keesler AFB construction projects.
- Works closely with USAF contracting personnel to ensure requirements supporting USAF-contracting procured construction and renovation projects are expressed accurately and comprehensively in design documents and that work is accomplished to a high level quality. Participates in meetings as required by Engineering Branch leadership to review project design and construction issues with USAF-Contracting, contracted Construction management and construction contractors as applicable and facilitates solution
- Participates in meetings with Asset Management as required to support development of MAP, CAMP and BCAMP products. May be involved as or with AMP manager and sub-AMP managers to develop requirements.
- Performs inspections and assessments of existing equipment to document for Base Asset Management.
- Performs other duties and assignments as required.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
- Standard office equipment (computer, AutoCad, Microsoft Office software products, printer, copier, and telephone).
- May require use of field equipment for testing construction work.
- May require driving to various locations on Keesler AFB to review construction or investigate for design.
- Working in open office environment as well as the occasional site visit.
- During site visits, there is exposure to physical and working conditions where serious accidents or injuries may occur, exposure to disagreeable noise elements, and prolonged high temperatures.
- May require additional effort to handle multiple projects in a shortened timeframe to meet customer requirements.
- Work week is 40 hours, 5 days a week, Monday through Friday, 7AM to 4PM.
May be required to do field verification by walking across grounds, working in mechanical/ electrical rooms of facilities, climbing on roofs.
Must be able to lift/push/pull 50 lbs.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
Must have a degree as a Electrical Engineer from and accredited U.S. University. Must be a licensed Professional Engineer (PE) experienced facility electrical systems, medium voltage distribution, and communication. MS license required within 6 months of hire.
Minimum 5 years’ experience working commercial and institutional building design