$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
Bowhead seeks an Electrical Engineer to join our team at the Naval Surface Warfare Center – Crane Division. The Electrical Engineer will be a part of the IR/RF Systems Technologies Division and will assist in flight test planning support. The Electrical Engineer must possess excellent data analysis, signal processing, data reduction, technical writing, project management and problem solving skills to perform this position. The Electrical Engineer will be assisting in creating test plans and procedures, implementing and monitoring tests, results and data collection and preparing reports to be presented to the Government customer.
Essential functions will include:
• Developing and updating systems, subsystems, equipment and component test plans and SOPs while ensuring they are in compliance with contract requirements
• Planning, scheduling, executing and evaluating the testing of systems, subsystems, equipment and components as well as providing technical support for the technologies used
• Monitoring equipment used in testing to ensure all approved procedures are approved and followed and ensuring all data is collected and assimilated as needed after testing is complete
• Compiling raw data into reports that include recommendations to correct any issues and suggest improvements
• May be called upon to attend meetings, reviews or conferences to present data and documentation
This position will require 4-7 CONUS trips per year. These trips could be as short as one week but as long as 6 weeks in certain instances. Qualified candidates must be able to travel as requested.
About this Contract: The IR/RF Systems Technologies Division conducts research and development for pyrotechnic and countermeasure devices in support of the Navy, Air Force, Army and Joint Strike Fighter. The primary mission is to promote the self-protection of aircraft, vessels and vehicles and includes, but is not limited to, Infrared Technology, lasers and electronic warfare research and development.
Requirements • A BA/S is required in addition to at least five to eight (5-8) years of professional experience in a research and development environment.
• Demonstrable data analysis, technical writing and project management skills are required.
• Experience supporting NSWC Crane or Navy, Army and/or Air Force aircraft is highly desired.
• Intermediate to advanced level skills in Microsoft Office software suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts. To receive and respond to instructions/assignments, must be able to read, write and speak English.
• Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must currently hold a security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
Valid Through: 2019-10-18