STV, Inc. is seeking an Electrical Engineer, based out of our Virginia Beach or Fairfax, VA Office for our Building & Facilities division. STV, Inc. specializes in the planning, organization, and development of engineering activities for the construction and maintenance of building structures and facilities.
Responsible for planning and conducting work requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application, and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria. Also responsible for devising new approaches to problems and preparing or modifying drawings, specifications, calculations, charts and graphs, and monitoring work for compliance to applicable codes, and accepted engineering practices.
Our Engineers work on high quality, high-profile, national and international projects. You will actively participate in the full project cycle, from the design phase through the final construction close-out.
- Service utility coordination
- Power distribution
- Fire alarm
- Low voltageInfrastructure
- Emergency power systems
- UPS design
- Construction administration
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering with a Professional Engineer’s license or the ability to obtain a license.
- 5+ years’ experiencedesigning electrical systems for the built environment. Project experience submitted for consideration should include buildings on which you have actively participated in the project from the design phase through the final construction close-out.
- Strong working knowledge of building and energy codes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an emphasis on the ability to organize and present design information to clients.
- Special consideration will be given to those candidates who have successfully demonstrated innovative designexperience specifically related to renewable energies and sustainable, high performing buildings.
- LEED AP certification is preferred
- Working knowledge of Revit