This position supervises technical activities required on assigned projects and understands the discipline technical policies and procedures; participates in the development of technical studies, investigations and designs on assigned projects; assists the project team in the scoping, budgeting and staffing of projects and in the production of projects on time, within budget and of the highest technical quality.
- Coordinates project designs with other disciplines to determine equipment needs, implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical information
- Coordinates with local authorities, utilities, and municipalities to ensure compliance with construction and government standards
- Coordinates with suppliers, contractors, clients, and client representatives to determine project scope
- Performs specific engineering studies and other design analyses using industry software
- Conducts project job site visits during construction to monitor progress and ensure conformance to design specifications, owner expectations, building codes
- Assists senior technical staff in the development of technical documentation, proposals, and presentations to clients
- Assists project manager in establishing budgets, cost estimates, and project schedules
- Assists management in the execution of technical training for less experienced staff members
An ideal candidate will possess the following requirements:
- M.S. or B.S degree in Engineering OR a B.S.A.E.
- Registered Professional Engineer required
- Must have 7-10 years' experience
- Leed Certification preferred
- Renewable energy systems & net zero experience a plus.