Job Description :
Seeking an Avionics Engineer with a demonstrated ability to design, develop, integrate, and qualify Avionics systems for Commercial Helicopter programs.
You will work with a talented team of engineers and analysts to develop technical system requirements, oversee subsystem design and development, and perform system integration on military and/or commercial helicopter programs.
• Support the full lifecycle of systems development for avionics products including concept design, system architecture, definition and management of requirements, modeling and simulation, managing suppliers, managing cost and schedule, sub-system and aircraft integration, verification, and flight testing.
• Define, develop and document specifications, and qualify integrated system solutions for military and/or commercial aircraft.
• Participate in technical reviews of military and/or commercial avionics systems.
• Work with customers, partner companies, suppliers, and Sikorsky technical leaders.
• Provide technical support for avionics system safety and certification processes.
• Lead activities such as failure Investigations, root cause analysis and corrective actions, lesson learned, issues and design standards updates.
• Provide engineering support, within your specialty, to teams working on performance, cost reduction and quality initiatives.
• 6+ years’ technical experience in Avionics Systems or related product design and development.
• 6+ years’ technical experience in requirements definition, architecture, integration, verification, and qualification.
• Familiarity with FAA certification standards.
• Knowledge of DO-160, DO-254 and DO-178