Lockheed Martin Corporation's Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS) is seeking a highly skilled senior electrical engineer, (level 3) to join our team in Marion, MA. This role offers an exciting opportunity to join a top-tier employer known throughout the world for its engineering prowess, game changing product offerings, and robust solutions.
The candidate will be an electrical engineering leader as well as a technical individual contributor, working in our Communications Group. This person will lead a small, junior, but very capable EE team, instilling the proper guidance and engineering rigor, while acting as a technical mentor.
Excellent multitasking skills are a must, as engineers typically juggle several tasks/programs/products simultaneously. The candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and a strong ability to successfully work with customers, program management, engineering project managers, and within multidisciplinary engineering and manufacturing teams.
Some overtime and travel are required. In addition to engineering work, the candidate will be involved with other strategic activities including bid and proposal writing, field demonstrations and testing, customer and internal management presentations.
The candidate should be energetic, able to work independently, yet thrive in a team environment and have sound theoretical and practical engineering experience in all product life cycle phases.
1. US Citizen. Ability to obtain a security clearance, though one is not required to start
2. 10+ year history of complex design, testing, troubleshooting, and production support skills and aptitude
3. Strong EE mentoring and lead EE skills
4. Experience leading small EE Teams
5. BSEE minimum or significant related experience
6. Outstanding ability to multitask
7. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
8. Mastery of design for manufacture (DFM) and design for test (DFT)
9. Proficient with common laboratory engineering tools such as logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, power supplies, function generators, digital multi-meters, and other support equipment
10. Ability to troubleshoot electronic assemblies and isolate issues down to component level using standard test equipment
11. General EE skills including board design, analog and digital circuit design, rigorous functional and design verification testing, integration and test, effective documentation, qualification testing, production support, etc.
12. Proficient with Microsoft office to generate reports, presentations, work instructions and technical documentation.
13. Ability to prepare polished PowerPoint slides and give impactful presentations on technical issues
1. Expertise with designing to minimize Electro-Magnetic Interference (EMI)
2. Control account management and earned value skills
3. Submarine communication’s design experience Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s team of 113,000 people works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in all 50 states and more than 570 facilities that span 70 countries.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS6500 RMS
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Electrical Engineering
Clearance Level: Secret
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: TEMPO: 9X80A - Standard Fri to Fri (Flex & Rigid)
Job ID: 461395BR
Date posted: Nov. 14, 2018