This position is responsible for executing all functions as they relate to the ElectricalEngineering Department and associated projects.
The primary responsibility is to ensure appropriate electrical design, development and installation of electrical hardware and systems, and to supportelectricalengineering and design functions. The Electrical Engineer will provide direction and support to the Electrical Design Group as required to properly execute electrical designs, projects and schedules. Additional requirements include but are not limited to the following:
- Assume ElectricalEngineering project lead to interface with customer and ensure customer satisfaction. (Travel as requested to support ABEC’s customers)
- Understand all project requirements, specifications and objectives.
- Defines Electrical and Instrumentation scope of work and develops all required specifications.
- Executes quality management plan in accordance to ABEC standard procedures
- Electrical Estimating and Forecasting.
- Develops and Coordinates design and/or manufacturing and efforts to ensure compliance.
- Assists in development of control panel layouts, electrical schematics, instrument and control loop drawings, assembly drawings and bill of materials.
- Maintain organized project related records.
- Write and/or execute test plans as required and supports equipment testing
- Development of hardware documentation including details, setup parameters and operations and maintenance manuals. Provide training to end user(s).
- Provide technical support to customers, sales and marketing.
- Evaluate and recommend electrical upgrades to existing equipment or systems as required
- Develops control hardware design specifications
- Support and assist customer field service requirements, planned and unplanned
- Supports Field Services with respect to Electrical needs both planned and unscheduled.
- Supports commissioning, startup and customer quality testing as required
- Minimum 5years’ experience with electrical power systems including 400/480 vac supply and motor control circuits
- Experience with electrical sizing requirements and various load calculations including short circuit, heat load, total power consumption
- Must have a good understanding of PLC hardware application and usage
- Knowledge and understanding of process instrumentation
- Knowledgeable with NEC (NFPA 70) and UL508 standards
- Familiar with European standards such as ATEX and IEC is preferred