SmithGroupJJR is an international idea-oriented design firm that is committed to creating inspiring places that enrich the human spirit. We believe that extraordinary projects are created when the design process is based on the principles of exploration, experimentation, innovation, sustainability, research, and collaboration. Our expertise in providing thoughtful and innovative solutions keeps SmithGroupJJR at the forefront of architectural, engineering and planning firms around the world. According to the 2017 Building Design + Construction magazine “Giants” ranking, SmithGroupJJR is the 7th largest architecture/engineering firm in the U.S.
Working with us, you will:
• Independently provide the full range of electrical engineering services on small to medium-sized projects.
• Revise, review, and coordinate construction documents.
• Lead and preform analysis, design and documentation of building electrical systems including power distribution, lighting design, fire alarm, security, audio/visual and telecommunications systems.
• Mentor and train junior and intermediate level staff.
An ideal candidate:
• Has the ability to produce and coordinate the electrical engineering portion of construction documents for permitting and bidding on small projects.
• Has a demonstrated effectiveness in working in a team setting, communicating with others, customer satisfaction and technical competence.
• Is proficient in current design software; Proficiency in Revit and/or AutoCAD required.
• Has a minimum of 7 years related technical design and consulting engineering experience designing power, lighting, and special systems for new and renovated healthcare, research lab, higher ed, and other critical building types.
• Possesses a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
• Is a registered PE and LEED AP (preferred).
SmithGroupJJR offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package, including 401(k) and continuing educational reimbursement. We offer 3 weeks of paid time off within the first year of employment, with the option of purchasing additional time off, and pay for 8 federal holidays. We also offer an alternative work schedule that provides employees with an additional 15 days off per year (usually Fridays) to help with work/life balance.
Interested in joining us? Get started today by clicking the link below.
No phone calls please.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
SmithGroupJJR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.