At SNC's Electronic & Information Systems (EIS) team we bring together technology and innovation to develop, produce and manufacture a range of products from automated landing systems and precision approach systems for aircraft carriers to electronic warfare and translation systems. Our solutions are affordable and high impact for our customers' challenging requirements. We take great pride in the quality of work we do, supporting our mission to help keep our country, our allies and our deployed personnel safe.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related Engineering discipline and at least 10 years of relevant experience.
- Design engineer experienced with design for manufacturability (DFM) and electromagnetic compatibility (EMC).
- Digital Design Experience
- Computer Networking
- Boost / Buck Power Regulator Design
- Must be experienced with OrCAD Capture and PCB Designer Software.
- Must have design experience to include: embedded systems, analog to digital converters, digital to analog converters, digital systems, boost power regulators, buck power regulators, RS422 transceivers, RS232 transceivers, and Ethernet PHY.
- Must have programming experience in C, LabVIEW and Visual Basic.
- Must be knowledgeable in computer networking.
- Must be able to use the following types of test equipment: oscilloscope, signal generator, DC power supply, and multimeter.
- Security Clearance required
- RF Design Experience
- Programming Experience: VHDL or Verilog
- Linux Experience
- SolidWorks Software
- Experience with CAD or other engineering software
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Must be a self-starter willing to work in a fast-paced, highly collaborative and agile environment specializing in rapid prototyping and fielding of capabilities.
- Printed circuit board (PCB) design and layout utilizing OrCAD Capture and OrCAD PCB Designer.
- Provide feedback during design reviews of schematics, PCB layout, system harnessing and mechanical models. Feedback will include best practices for signal integrity (SI), electromagnetic compatibility (EMC), grounding techniques for circuit and system level, and overall design functionality.
- Writing and development of test procedures for new product lines. Candidate will also automate current testing procedures utilizing LabVIEW.
- Troubleshoot designs at both the system and circuit level using a combination of the following test equipment: Spectrum Analyzer, Network Analyzer, Oscilloscope, Multimeter, DC Power Supply and Signal Generator.
- Write C and assembly code for embedded microcontrollers.
- Create specifications, control documents, verification and validation plans, procedures, reports, and other documentation in support of design and development activities