Our Core Values
We are a company of principled professionals guided by core values that have fundamentally shaped our business practices and culture. They provide us with guidance in the day-to-day performance of our work, and adherence to these values is our compass in all business conduct:
- Exercise uncompromising integrity and ethics in the conduct of all business
- Focus on client satisfaction in all activities
- Maintain a highly competent and satisfied staff
- Communicate openly and honestly
- Improve continuously
Due to continued growth, our Power Delivery Services business unit currently has a new opportunity for an Senior Electrical Engineer in its Chicago, Illinois corporate headquarters.
- This position offers you the opportunity to work in a project team environment with other engineers and designers involved in the detailed electrical design and project management of high voltage substation projects.
- As a Substation Electrical Engineer, you will take an active role in project conceptualization, work planning, and project execution.
- You will work on challenging assignments that include investigating, trouble-shooting, and solving a wide variety of electrical engineering issues.
- As an Electrical Engineer, you will prepare reports that present technical and project information in a clear and concise manner and meet client requirements and S&L formats.
- Develop your career via peer-learning through sharing of knowledge with other experienced engineers by way of S&L's systems of process and associated "Communities of Practice."
- In addition, you may have the opportunity to travel to client sites as needed.
Dependent upon your location, this opportunity offers a generous relocation package.
We do not sponsor employees for work authorization in the U.S. for this position.
Essential skills and experience:
- A BSEE degree from an ABET-accredited engineering program is required.
- 5 or more years experience in the design of Medium Voltage Power Systems.
- Ability to prioritize work and manage multiple projects under budget and time constraints.
- Experience tracking project information such as: schedules and expenditures against budgets, preparing status reports and client interface.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Experience in reviewing design drawings created by others.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications.
Valued but not required skills and experience:
- 3 or more years experience in the design of substations 138kV and above.
- Ability to prepare substation grounding calculations, direct stroke shielding calculations, battery & charger sizing calculations, etc.
- Physical layout and protection & controls experience.
- Ability to work with Designer to develop substation single line diagrams, relaying & metering diagrams, DC schematic diagrams, substation plan & sections, grounding plans, etc.
- Familiarity with ANSI/IEEE/NEMA standards as they relate to substation design. This includes the National Electrical Safety Code (ANSI - C2).
- PE license.
- AutoCAD experience.