Job ID 1800023797
Boeing Defense, Space, & Security (BDS) Mission Systems Capability is seeking senior level electrical engineers for the Communications/Navigation Systems, Mission Computing Hardware, Radar and IFF (Identification, Friend or Foe) Avionics Solutions, and Electronic Surveillance Measures (ESM) teams to support the Airborne Surveillance Command and Control (ASC2) programs for our Airborne Warning and Control Systems (AWACS) and Advanced Early Warning and Control (AEW&C) customers. The teams are looking for Engineers to work with senior engineers designing, developing and integrating the communication, navigation, datalink, audio distribution systems for surveillance aircraft and ground systems, ESM processing and related passive tracking functions including technical subcontract management. Strike, Surveillance and Mobility (SSM) is one of the world's largest providers of military airpower, serving the United States and allied nations, while continuing to expand globally with steady growth in international sales. SSM encompasses a portfolio of strike-fighter, surveillance and mobility platforms, including the AWACS, AEW&C, F/A-18E/F Super Hornet, EA-18G Growler, F-15 Eagle, P-8 and executive fleet aircraft. The SSM team is also responsible for the modernization and modification of several U.S. Department of Defense and international aircraft programs, including various surveillance and reconnaissance, head of state and bomber aircraft. POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop architectures to integrate the communication subsystems into various platforms, foreign and domestic.
- Perform trade studies, modeling, simulation and other forms of analysis to predict interconnects and system performance and to optimize design around complex requirements.
- Leads work with customers to develop and document complex electronic and electrical system requirements.
- Leads and coordinates work to analyze and translate requirements into system architecture, hardware and software designs and interface specifications.
- Leads work to test and validate to ensure system designs meet operational and functional requirements.
- Identify opportunities to improve the system performance and maintenance.
- Develop new and improved modeling and simulation techniques.
- Develop and execute critical tests to validate performance of designs to requirements.
- Oversees the team that monitors supplier performance to ensure system integration and compliance with requirements.
- Oversees subcontractor design, development, integration, testing and delivery of hardware, software and systems.
- Review supplier detail design and partner performance to ensure compliance to requirements.
- Field and respond to customer hardware and software problems.
- Works with customers to develop and document complex electronic and electrical system requirements.
- Solves problems concerning and provides other support of fielded hardware and software over the entire product lifecycle.
- Researches specific technology advances for potential application to company business needs.
- Makes recommendations for technology investments.
- Willingness to travel at least 25% of the time as required.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. Basic Requirements:
- Bachelor's and 9 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
- Applicants must possess a solid foundation in computer or electrical engineering and have a genuine interest in working on large complex systems.
- Demonstrated creative, critical thinking and troubleshooting skills are required.
- Strong collaborative skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills are required. The selected candidate must be comfortable in a highlycollaborative environment (usually between multiple sites).
- Masters/Doctors Degree in Electrical or System Engineering and/or 10+ years experience in aerospace avionics development or support in any/all parts of a program from proposal development through integration and test.
- ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
- Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 9 or more years' experience, Master's with 7 or more years' experience or PhD with 4 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position requires that you work out of Oklahoma City, OK and offers relocation assistance. If you do not currently reside in or near this location, you must be willing to relocate using relocation assistance.
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award