Researches, designs and analyzes electricalcircuits including analog, digital and FPGA. Works on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles. Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
Has overall project responsibility including planning and assisting with lower level engineers and technicians. Is responsible for assisting with product release activities (e.g. developing BOMs, work instructions, test fixtures). Assists with improving engineering documentation control systems and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Creates original electrical and/or software designs for new products.
· Manages tasks and schedules for multiple projects to meet individual program objectives
· Troubleshoots the most difficult manufacturing problems causing work stoppage and recommends and implements corrective actions.
· Provides training and leadership to production technicians.
· Reviews manufacturing activities and leads the implementation of process improvements on a regular basis.
· Identifies and implements improved methods for documentation handling and dissemination.
· Reviews, revises, creates or augments new product documentation, procedures, and test apparatus prior to release in manufacturing.
· Designs new product test apparatus and trains manufacturing on its use.
· Makes design improvements to existing products following changes from start to finish.
· Completes detailed engineering test reports.
· 3D printing systems experience with Galvonometer scan heads
· 3D axis system experience for precision motion control
· Complies with health and safety policies and procedures.
· Supports company values including ethical conduct and high integrity in all actions.
· This position requires compliance with ITAR Regulations. Therefore, all employees working in this capacity must meet the requirement of the Melles Griot Export Controls Policy and Procedure, including the requirement that the employee must be a U.S. Citizen or a U.S. Permanent Resident.
· This position may require up to 20% travel domestically and internationally.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Reviews nonconforming material reports and recommends disposition (i.e. return to vendor, rework out of house, rework in-house, use as is, etc.). for atypical situations.
· Reviews purchasing requests for assistance in identifying alternate suppliers, crossing obsolete components and establishing qualified vendors of material.
· Corrects errors in manufacturing documentation and issues new documentation though the engineering change process.
· Interfacing with customers and vendors
· Directing lead personnel on daily activities
· Provide technical support to manufacturing activities
· Monthly program status review of development tasks
The equipment described here must be used by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· EE Design CAD Software
· Digital and Analog Oscilloscopes
· RF spectrum analyzer
· Computer, fax, telephone and copier
· Safety glasses and laser goggles
· Clean room gear as designated
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION/TRAINING/WORK RELATED EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering and 5 years related experience which must include 3 years electricalcircuit design for commercial products required, Master’s degree preferrred; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business procedures, professional periodicals, manufacturing documentation, common scientific and technical journals, financialreports, and legal documents.
Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedures for technical and non-technical audiences. Ability to effectively present information to all levels of personnel. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.