D3 Engineering is seeking an experienced Electrical Engineer with a strong electronics design and development background who will provide individual technical contribution as part of a team that supports the design, development, test, and integration of complex, embedded hardware/software systems.
D3 Engineering, LLC, headquartered in Rochester, NY, is an established engineering services company. In business for over 15years, we are focused on new product development utilizing our expertise in Embedded Vision and Digital Power & Motion serving the Industrial, Bio-Medical, Automotive and Security & Defense markets.
D3 offers competitive salaries as well as medical and retirement benefits. Our engineers have the opportunity to be engaged in cutting-edge, large company projects, yet in a small company atmosphere.
- Participate in the high-level architecture and design of electronic systems
- High-speed mixed signal circuit design; schematic entry, supervision of PCB layout and assembly, board debug and system integration
- Contribute to all phases of the product development cycle which includes requirement/definition, design and development, verification (such as unit tests) and traceability matrix, and transfer
- Work as a member of an integrated project team
- Electronic design experience with high speed, complex microprocessor, SoC and FPGA devices and peripherals (DDR, Flash, PMIC, etc.)
- Experience with high speed interfaces such as USB3, Gigabit Ethernet\RGMII, SATA, PCIe, FPGA serial transceivers, etc.
- Experience with schematic entry, component selection, and prototype and production hardware builds
- Understanding of electrical engineering principles in both analog and digital domains with the ability to leverage this understanding to quickly isolate circuit faults
- Familiarity with high speed test equipment; oscilloscopes, data acquisition units, DMMs, logic & spectrum analyzers - solid test & troubleshooting skills
- Ability to perform trade studies and tradeoff analyses
- Problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills
- PCB layout capability (Cadence OrCAD or Altium Designer)
- FPGA Design; Verilog and/or VHDL, Altera and/or Xilinx tools (Quartus, ISE, Vivado)
- Experience with signal integrity analysis and simulation
- Experience with digital video and camera systems
- Ability to guide and oversee layout designers, and provide clear layout constraints (PC board stack-up, component placement, high speed routing, etc.)
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering / Computer Engineering discipline along with 3+ years of directly related experience and/or equivalent combination
For more information about D3 Engineering, please visit
No 3rd Parties, please.
D3 Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.