We are currently seeking an Electrical Engineer to provide forensic consulting services requiring electrical engineering expertise for insurance, legal, industrial and other clients. Any fire experience is a plus. In this position, you will be assessing and determining the cause and origin of electrical failures and damages, providing oral and written reports of findings and, expert testimony as needed. You may also be responsible for project management and technical oversight of multiple projects. In addition, you will evaluate and review design and field engineering changes; ensuring work quality and adherence to specifications. In return for your talent and effort, we offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package—including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, employer-matching 401(k), a flexible work schedule, and opportunities for advancement.
- Perform forensic assignments within the field of electrical engineering expertise based upon a scope of work and budget prepared by the consultant and agreed upon by the client in advance of performing the work.
- Perform field Investigations, studying and determining the cause and origin of electrical defects and/or damage.
- Support fire investigation experts as needed to determine if fire cause and origin is due to electrical causes.
- Produce written forensic reports of findings detailing the cause and origin of electrical defects and/or damage.
- Manage multiple projects, working in conjunction with other team members to produce client reports in timely manner.
- Use many different equations, applications, and figures to ensure proper cause-and-origin analyses.
- Use electrical and equipment testing applications, drafting and design software, land surveying techniques and the metric system, to name just a few pertinent items.
- Follows land use laws and regulations and ensures compliance with electrical code regulations and standards.
- Assists with junior-level engineer mentoring/integration program.
- Ability to initiate, develop and maintain mutually beneficial client relationships.
- BS Electrical Engineering or higher
- 10+ years’ experience
- PE license required
- Experience using electrical and equipment testing applications, drafting and design software, land surveying techniques and the metric system
- Independent judgment; strong analytical skills and excellent oral and written communication skills are requirements in this position
- Forensic fire experience is a huge plus