Currently looking for an Electrical Engineer to fill an opening with a company located in Marlborough or Tewksbury, MA. Interested candidates must hold a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering and have a minimum of 10 years of direct experience.
Seeking an electrical engineer to utilize their strong academic background and experience in RF/Microwave system theory and design, including architectures, subsystems, components and Active Electronically Steered Antennas (AESAs). The successful candidate will employ their working knowledge of Circuit Card Assemblies (CCAs) and analytical skills in electromagnetic and microwave theory.
Responsibilities of the Electrical Engineer – RF/Microwave:
-design and hands-on testing of microwave components, cards and systems plus providing technical support to production activities.
- Team leadership skills including cost and schedule management plus proposal writing and presentation experience are desired.
-Some travel to integration sites, plus customer and subcontractor facilities, may be required.
Requirements of the Electrical Engineer – RF/Microwave:
· Microwave/RF system, subsystem and component analysis, design and test
· Hands-on experience with electromagnetic simulation tools such as HFSS, ADS, CST, Mentor Graphics' Xpedition and analytical tools such as Matlab
· This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
· Background designing and testing analog CCAs, including frequency conversion, automatic gain control, amplifier design and analog filter design
· Experience in electrical interconnects and transmission line design
· Understanding of EMI analysis and mitigation techniques
· Propensity for learning through self-study, and being comfortable in a multi-tasking environment
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Experience leading smalls design teams
· Understanding of allocating and flowing down requirements from the system to the component level
· Knowledge of cost estimating, plus budget and schedule management
· Experience in a production environment
· Strong academic background that includes courses in: Microwave Engineering, Microwave Systems, Electromagnetic Theory and Radar Systems
· Strong hands on experience with microwave testing techniques, including using spectrum analyzers, Real-time Spectrum Analyzers (RSAs), Vector Network Analyzers (VNAs) and Performance Network Analyzer (PNAs)
· Experience in technical writing, proposal writing, and oral presentations
· Existing Secret clearance or ability to obtain a secret clearance with interim clearance
Required Education of the Electrical Engineer – RF/Microwave:
· Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering plus minimum of 10 years direct experience OR
· Master's degree in Electrical Engineering plus minimum of 8 years direct experience OR
· PhD degree in Electrical Engineering plus minimum of 6 years direct experience