Polaris Alpha was formed in 2016 through the merger of EOIR Technologies, Intelesys, Intelligent Software Solutions (ISS), and PROTEUS Technologies. The Company has approximately 1,200 employees with major offices in Annapolis Junction, MD, Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD, Colorado Springs, CO, Alexandria, VA and Fredericksburg, VA, as well as supporting customer sites both domestically and internationally. We’re passionate about developing cutting-edge, creative solutions, and fostering a highly sought-out place of employment for many of the brightest minds in the industry. We are the best because we hire the best.
We are a one-of-a-kind mid-tier government contractor providing leading-edge capabilities to three emerging warfighter domains critical to the future of national security: space, cyber, and the electromagnetic spectrum. At Polaris Alpha, we have developed a culture of going above and beyond the normal expectations in the delivery of our work. Our clients and employees are the number one reason why we’re successful, and that formula won’t be changing!
We are seeking a mid-level Electrical Engineer, with experience supporting radar systems including Airborne Ground Penetrating Radar, Foliage Penetrating (FOPEN) Radar, Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) and airborne/ground-based Moving Target Indicator (MTI) radar technologies. This engineer will support on-going research and development (R&D) efforts at one of the US Army’s R&D Centers of Excellence at Aberdeen Proving Ground (APG), Maryland. This position provides engineering support, signal data processing and systems R&D modeling and simulation (M&S), and test of new technologies for current and future Army radar systems. The engineer assists developing algorithms, hardware-in-the-loop simulation environments, and performs data analysis of M&S results to inform radar and signal data processing techniques and system development efforts.
• BS/MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or similar field
• A desire to gain experience in radar system design, development, engineering, test, evaluation, and data analysis
• 5-8 years’ experience with signal processing and systems engineering and testing including algorithm development
• 5-8 years’ experience developing test plans, test procedures, schedules, and reports for laboratory and field tests/demonstrations
• 5-8 years’ experience in preparing technical reports, technical briefings, technical drawings, performance work statements, system developmental schedules, performance specifications, and requirements documentation
• Experience developing and refining algorithms
• Demonstrated proficiency in MATLAB, C, and Java programming languages to develop algorithms and M&S environments
• Experience using LabView to develop M&S