$100K — $150K *
Our Gas, Fuels & Chemicals Business provides services from consulting, design, full engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) and commissioning/start-up of LNG facilities, Floating LNG facilities, gas processing and NGL fractionation, gasification/ gas to liquids, hydrogen and ammonia/fertilizers. Our knowledge, capabilities, and innovation include our proprietary PRICO® technologies. This enables our team to assess and choose tailored solutions with greater quality and efficiency for our clients. The value chain spans natural gas and natural gas liquids, midstream, wholesale markets, power generation and utility segments.
We believe real value is powered by the unique skills and experiences of our professionals. The interchange of ideas from a diverse group of people gives our teams an expanded perspective and the ability to find better solutions for our clients.
Functions as a technical specialist or supervisory role. Independently develops and applies advanced engineering techniques, concepts and approaches to unique engineering problems. May supervise engineering staff on projects of medium to high complexity, or serve as a technical specialist providing knowledge and expertise. May be required to develop Electrical Equipment procurement documentation including specifications and participate in various phases of the procurement process.
• Provides guidance and direction on department design guides, standards, systems, applicable engineering codes and Black and Veatch policies
• Assists in developing, maintaining and updating engineering standards
• Provides technical guidance to others regarding projects and disciplines
• Independently applies knowledge and complies with Black and Veatch quality program relative to assigned tasks
• May be responsible for ensuring compliance with Black and Veatch quality program
• Provides related guidance and direction to others
• Supports continuous improvement and change management efforts
• Prepares a variety of complex engineering deliverables for multiple or mega projects
• Performs complex research and develops recommendations for equipment and/or materials selection
• Oversees collection, assimilation, and management of data for engineering work
• Prepares complex engineering calculations following standard methods and principles
• Manages assigned budget, schedule, and quality requirements
• Independently applies advanced engineering techniques and analysis problems and methods
• Reviews lower level engineering work or assignments
• Is responsible for one or more of the following: leading larger production teams; coordinating multiple discipline activity; and serving as the responsible charge for a project
• Actively coordinates with all other internal/external team members on moderately complex projects
• Typically responsible for defining project schedules for single discipline
• Responsible for assisting with identification of key client interests and drivers on moderately complex projects and may determine the key clients in some instances
• Communicates client interests and drivers to project team members and develops approaches to accommodate these concerns in the performance of the work on moderately complex projects
• May offer other services to the clients
• Typically provides support to business development or pursuit activities
Knowledge Sharing, Innovation and Technology:
• Serves as a technical specialist and has knowledge and skill set to provide consultation and guidance to project teams in a particular practice area
• Typically supports multiple projects on the complex technical challenges
• Actively fosters knowledge management and provides mentoring
• Develops and applies advanced engineering concepts and approaches to unique engineering problems
People Management - (supervision, career development, training, mentoring):
• Typically assists with performance management process, mentoring, recognition, and any corrective actions required
• May participate in career planning, and learning and development
Resource Management - (budgets, tools, processes, project support):
• Implements resource management strategy
• Manages engineering resources for small groups of a single discipline
Supervises work of others. Responsible for hiring, discipline, and pay administration of their subordinates.
• Written Communications
• Drive For Results
• Priority Setting
• Directing Others
• Conflict Management
• Dealing with Ambiguity and Building Effective Teams
• Advanced knowledge of engineering design principles and applicable design guides and standards related to assigned engineering discipline
• Petrochemical experience
• PE License
• Working knowledge of the NEC (NFPA 70 National Electrical Code)
• Experience with Hazardous Area Classifications as defined by the NEC
• Experience with ETAP or SKM Electrical system analysis modeling software
• Experience with industrial power distribution system designs including MV and LV switchgear, MCC’s, VFD’s, power distribution transformers, batteries and UPS
• Experience with protective relay settings and equipment sizing calculations associated with power distribution equipment
Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing. Minimum of 11 years related work experience. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Most positions - depending on the nature of work performed as defined by the division - will typically require incumbents to have professional registration or licensure in their designated home office country, or be in active pursuit* of such registration
Typical office environment. Sitting, Standing, computer usage for extended periods of time. Speaking, listening, ability to utilize video-conferencing software for communication purposes (internally/externally).
Field: May be subject to extreme cold (temperatures below 30 degrees for periods of more than one hour), extreme heat (temperatures above 90 degrees for periods of more than one hour), hazards (electrical currents, working on scaffold.
Valid through: 12/8/2021