Ready to be part of a team that tackles infrastructure challenges? Want to take your Engineering expertise to the next level to work on complex engineering problems that will make a huge impact? Parsons is now hiring an experienced Electrical Engineer who can apply advanced engineering techniques and lead other Engineers. Must be creative and sometimes develop studies, white papers and engineering design standards for a demanding customer.
Parsons extensive experience in this field, combined with your engineering knowledge, will propel your career forward with opportunity for advancement with top performance. Leadership opportunities to work on mission-critical projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, enthusiastic to work in highly flexible, team-oriented environment and who have exceptional communication, analytical and management skills.
This role is primarily to support the design and commissioning functions on refurbishment and renovation of major electrical equipment and systems. In this role you may serve as a technical consultant in areas of specialty for management or the client. Many assignments involve controls, including SCADA.
- May function as discipline Project Engineer on medium to large projects, assuming responsibility for the work of the group.
- May plan, direct, and supervise the work of others for projects requiring a large-scale expenditure of manpower and financialinvestment.
- Leads other Engineers and design personnel in technical excellence and growth in the Quality Improvement Process.
- Provides technical consultations for interdisciplinary analytical studies and analyses.
- Ensures compliance of design with all applicable codes and regulations, providing the seal and signature of the professional engineer when required by statute or contract.
- Prepares material/equipment specifications and purchase requisitions; reviews supplier data; witnesses shop tests, assists with assessing supplier manufacturing capabilities.
- Reviews operation and maintenance plans; develops standard operating procedures; Reviews O & M manuals and may conduct on-site training of personnel.
- Conducts surveys, studies, and site investigations.
- Performs reliability, availability, maintenance (RAM) and safety analyses.
- Maintains affiliation with professional societies to keep abreast of current technologies.
- Helps determine budget estimates and staffing requirements for the defined scope and schedule. May assist with other administrative and technical duties.
- Recommends and prepares technical papers.
- Performs otherresponsibilitiesassociated with this position as may be appropriate.
- 4-yeardegree in Engineering (or related field) and 10-12years of related work experience.
- Professional Engineer registration may be required.
- Potential to perform in a lead capacity, excellent written and oral communications skills, and a familiarity of industry practices and regulations are required.
- Must also possess a thorough knowledge of current technology and be able to select and apply appropriate engineering software for use on project.