Electrical Engineer with Florida P.E. license and CFEI fire/explosion certification to conduct forensic electricalinvestigations of commercial, institutional, and residential buildings, electrical fire investigations, and electronic equipment product failure and liability analysis. The candidate must have a thorough understanding and knowledge of HVAC and water heater electrical and mechanical systems (residential, commercial, industrial), electronic equipment, lightning strike damage and power surges, electrical fire origin and cause investigations, and NFPA 921 guidelines concerning fire investigation techniques.
Those candidates who have experience with product liability analysis, electrocution, high voltage failure analysis, residential and industrial electronics equipment evaluations, and identifying subrogation potential will be given top consideration. Preferred candidates are familiar in dealing with attorneys, insurance claims professionals, and corporate liability and risk management personnel. Expert witness testimony experience is a plus!
- Determine the cause and origin of electrical failures, fires and explosions, and construction defects.
- Conduct field inspections to document onsite conditions.
- Prepare and provide oral and written report.
- 10+ years experience
- Florida P.E. license - ABSOLUTE REQUIREMENT
- Preferred candidates have NCEES and P.E. licenses in multiple states
- C.F.E.I. fire/explosion investigation certificate
- Registered Electrical Contractor license
- Excellent oral and written communication skills