Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparing of contractengineering submittals, reports, design drawings, and material bills
- Shop liaison work to include resolution of design related assembly issues and attendance for acceptance tests
- Attend witness of acceptance tests at sub vendor’s facility
- Ancillary work will include temporary assistance for other senior engineers, sales proposal work, Field Service, and other related tasks
Qualifications and Educational Requirements
- BS in electricalengineering with emphasis in electrical power is required/emphasis in controls is a plus
- Applicant will be required on occasion to assist in testing and troubleshooting energized electrical control wiring such as found in control and instrument transformers (240 volt and 5 amps). Strong preference is given to applicant with some demonstrated capability for this skill
- Experience with generator applications, alternator applications, and load banks.
- Experience with protective relaying and high voltage up to 34.5kV a plus
- Familiarity with ETAP is a plus.
- Some exposure to substation/transmission design and/or applications.
- Minimum 5 years experience in work related to electrical power and controls preferred
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills required; Ability to interface with the variety of people involved in an engine sale required
- Good working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Project required; experience with Oracle preferred
- PLC programming is a plus, preferably Allen Bradley
- Professional Engineer status, or FE status, preferred
- Must be US citizen and able to be granted security clearance
- Occasional travel, both domestic and international, is required