The Electrical Engineer will be responsible for evaluating, selecting, and applying standard engineering methods and techniques on work of small projects or on portions of larger projects. Engineer must have Professional Engineering license in California.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Design from concept programming through execution.
- Responsible for system start-up, commissioning, and integration planning.
- Knowledge of primary and secondary (Low voltage) normal power distribution systems, emergency powerdistribution systems, uninterruptible power supplies (UPS) and associated power distribution systems with emphasis on facility redundancy and reliability.
- Perform design with assuring code compliant.
- Experience with auxiliary systems including grounding, lightning protection, fire alarm, early warning smoke detection, gas monitoring, leak detection, security and telecommunications systems.
- Effectively interface with multiple disciplines, Project Management, System Owners, Customers, Contractors and Teams.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Bachelor's Degree in ElectricalEngineering from an accredited college or university.
- Licensed professional engineer (PE) - with current registration in California or ability to quickly obtain one.
- Minimum of six to eight years of experience in industrial and advanced tech facilities preferred, extensive experience in commercial power distribution design will also be considered.
- Familiarity with applicable codes & standards, including the National Electrical Code.
- General knowledge of monitoring and control of industrial systems a plus.
- Experience with isolated primary (Medium voltage) normal power distribution systems a plus.
- Ability to read and interpret constructioncontract documents.
- Effective communication & presentation skills.