Design Group operates from more than 45 offices in the United States and India, providing engineering, consulting and technical services for the world’s leading companies in the food and beverage, life sciences, advanced technology, industrial and other market sectors. Our nearly 1,500 technical and engineering experts have direct industry experience in industrial automation, control system integration, facility and process engineering, architecture, construction management, regulatory compliance, enterprise technology and other consulting services.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
- The Facilities Design Electrical Engineer will provide sustaining facilities electrical engineering support for our clients’ site electrical distribution systems in the advanced technology sectors.Responsibilities
- Review and approve electrical designs for low voltage electrical power distribution systems
- Collaborate with architects, engineers and contractors on new construction/renovation projects
- Review electrical design specifications and drawings
- Subject matter expert for low & medium voltage electrical distribution systems.
- Review cost estimates and budgets
- Work on multiple projects
- Current NEC codes knowledge
- Read and interpret design drawings and specifications.
- 8+ years’ experience in areas such as low and medium voltage power, easy power, load flow analysis, and electrical engineering drawings in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with multi-discipline large capital projects involving Owners, General Contractors, Contractors, and System Integrators.
- Strong understanding of Design/Build (Engineering and Construction)
- Familiar with facilities document control systems
- Experience with electrical as-built drawings that are incorporated into master CAD drawings
- Experience reviewing and updating electrical system models
- Experience with project close out: reviewing construction specifications, as-builts, O&M manuals and submittals
- Experience with CAD support on projects
- Proficient with written and verbal technical communication including generating reports and conducting group presentations.
- Bachelor’s degree from an ABET accredited college in Electrical Engineering required
- PE Registration required