The Electrical Engineer, optical subassembly, is responsible for electrical design of the transmit/receive optical assembly (TROSA) for coherent transceivers. The position requires multitasking and interfacing with multiple engineering groups in multiple geographic locations. The successful candidate will have hands-on experience with designing small form factor optical assemblies for automated assembly in high-volume manufacturing.
- Create and maintain TROSA electrical analog and digital interface specification including communication protocols such as SPI, MDIO, I2C. Interface with TROSA optical, mechanical and IC designers and lead design reviews as required.
- Design owner for ADC/DAC and digital circuits inside the TROSA
- Characterize and measure performance of prototype TROSA low speed electrical functions
- Create initial electrical test specification for TROSA manufacturing
- Primary contact with transceiver electrical and firmware designers
- BS or MS degree in Electrical Engineering, 5-10 years’ experience
- Demonstrated ability to initiate, prioritize, and drive projects to completion
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas, concepts, and results to both highly technical and non-technical co-workers
- Ability to function independently as well as in a team environment
- CAD tools: experience with Cadence Concept HDL
- Understanding of optical transceivers is a plus
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills required
- Ability to travel up to ~20%