Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its appliedtechnology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
The Electrical Engineer will provide operations engineering, design, and analysis capabilities to support the development of subsea intervention systems.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Engineer will be assigned for approximately one year to the product development group as an operations engineer for the development of subsea well intervention systems. Following this, the engineer will transfer into the service and rentals group as an operational engineer for the same systems.
While in the product development group, the engineer will:
- Develop concept of operations (CONOPS) at both the system and detail level
- Perform time studies in support of technical trade studies
- Develop and implement training programs
- Develop and implement asset tracking and maintenance programs
- Develop operational procedures
- Participate in technical reviews
- Lead operational risk assessment activities, such as HazID and HazOP
- Develop testing procedures for qualification, factory acceptance, and offshore readiness testing
- Design and evaluate Human-Machine Interfaces (HMIs) for complex controls systems
While in the service and rentals group, the engineer will:
- Perform engineering duties necessary to prepare systems and personnel for offshorecampaigns. These may include:
- Design modifications to existing equipment
- Design of test equipment
- Participating in operational risk assessments
- Preparing scopes of supply
- Providing cost and labor estimates for proposals
- Performing project-specific analyses and calculations
- Preparing project-specific procedures
- Provide support during the manufacturing, testing, and assembly phases of a project
- Provide support to offshore campaigns, from both the office and offshore
- Interface with customers, project managers, and technicians
- Provide engineering status and progress reports
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- This position will report to the Lead Electrical Engineer.
- Bachelors in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent degree.
- 5+ years of engineering experience.
- Experience with PLC usage and programming
- Experience with AutoCAD, Solidworks, or other CAD packages
- Experience with electro-hydraulic control systems
- Ability to analyze complex electrical controls circuits for functionality, electrical loads, and failure modes, is required
- Knowledge of subsea intervention systems is strongly desired
- Knowledge of riserless well intervention is strongly desired
- Knowledge of operations in the subsea industry is strongly desired
- Knowledge of BOP controls systems is desired
- Ability to work within tight deadlinewindows
- Ability to work under general direction
- Ability to work in a high-pressure offshore environment