The Alabama-Quassarte Tribal Family of Companies is a diverse group of companies established to drive economic growth and financial opportunity to the Alabama-Quassarte Tribal Town. AQ Tribal Companies provide a broad spectrum of capabilities and serve defense, government, and commercial customers in over thirteen different industrial sectors including IT, warehousing and logistics, security, meteorological, health, energy, and engineering. Today, the tribe and its family of companies stand as a beacon with a clear direction of forward progress into the future.
AST, an AQ Tribal company, has an opening for an Electrical Engineer in Norman, OK. This position is contingent upon locating the right candidate. Candidate must be willing to work in remote locations installing, repairing, maintain and uninstalling meteorological equipment, be in good physical condition such as to not require routine, extensive medical treatment.
Primary duties involve providing preventative and corrective maintenance support for a dual-polarized S-band Doppler weather radar and a single-polarized C-band Doppler weather radar. Other duties include preventative and corrective maintenance and support for a variety of atmospheric instruments requiring knowledge of moderndigital communication technologies, and an adaptability in learning and utilizing instrument-specific electronic troubleshooting, repair, and installation practices.
This position focuses on radar related tasks, various electrical equipment and instruments on Kwajalein Island, Wake Island and various otherlocations. Duties include managing instrument technical support, including participation in technical reports, aiding in detailed engineering plans for improvement and modernization (to include facilities specification for new radar installations), and producing technical drawings. Duties will also include remotely monitoring radar and instrument health, troubleshooting, and coordinating maintenance activities with other personnel. Trips that require field work to install and test instrumentation or to perform repairs on meteorological instruments might be expected 2-4 times per year for 2-4 week periods each, this would include rotating shift work, including weekends and holidays.
AST is an excellent place to work, a professional environment that is challenging, rewarding, creative, and respectful of ideas and individuals. AST strives to provide exceptional value to our clients, and fair reward to the service team through competitive compensation and benefits.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and skills.
- B.S. degree in a relevant engineering discipline or 5-10 years directly related experience, or equivalency
- Must be US citizen and able to obtain a security clearance
- Ability to test, diagnose, and repair complex radar systems safely to the component level for electronics equipment such as receivers, transmitters, servos, and motors
- Basic knowledge of Doppler weather radar design, control software, and theory of operation; Sigmet receiver video processor and coaxial magnetron radar system knowledge is a plus
- Experience in common electronics maintenance practices, comprehension of basic electrical & mechanical drawings, and the capacity to understand technical documents is required
- Ability to apply electronic troubleshooting and repair skills to meteorological instrumentation
- Understanding of the precise and competent use of RF test equipment such as network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, power meters, oscilloscopes and associated accessories
- Operational knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems, TCP/IP, and VPNs
- Ability to occasionally work in confined spaces, lift 40 lbs, climb ladders, and use basic tools
- Skills in organization, documentation, and verbal / written communication are essential
- M.S. degree in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Possession of a security clearance is highly desired.
- Experience in Doppler or dual-polarized weather radar is highly desired.
- Computer programming experiencedesired.
- Familiarity with installing and troubleshooting modern computer communication equipment, including fiber optic systems.
- Familiarity with computer networking equipment, to include installing and working with routers and servers.
AST is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing all qualified applicants consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.