5 - 7 years experience • Manufacturing / Diversified
The position conceives, designs and prototypes electronic laser equipment and its associated circuits and systems. Activities include documentation, vendor management, prototyping, and transfer to manufacturing.
This position requires troubleshooting complex electronic devices problems, and being committed to customer satisfaction. Although the location of the position is in Newton, NJ, from time to time it may be required to undertake duties at other ThorLabs locations.
Essential Job Functions include the following, but are not limited to:
- Develop projects from concept to completion.
- Maintain control of project expenditures to avoid cost overruns
- Provide supervision of contractors and vendors to maintain control of project schedules and costs
- Conducts field investigations and prepares reports for problems or issues
- Act as a mentor and evaluate electricalengineering staff and design team and work with project managers or department managers to assure work meets business needs, applicable codes and standards.
- Troubleshooting the problems revealed.
- Responsible for data entry, document revision and control in the Thorlabs ERP system.
- Minimum 5-10 years of hands-on experiences with PCB layout and design.
- Bachelor's degree in Electronics Engineering or experience in a related field
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience with PCB Schematics design software such as Altium,
- Strong proficiency in MS office and communication tools.
- Experience with software programming tools such as Labview or MS Visual Studio for test automation is considered a plus.
- Excellent statistical data analysis and problem solving abilities.
- Effectively reports progress and problems through written or oral reports.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Strong innovation skill.
- Flexibility/adaptability in a fast-paced & dynamic environment.
Thorlabs values its diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.