11 - 15 years experience • Engineering Services
Hydra-Flex, Inc. - Eagan, MN
Hydra-Flex, Inc., a privately-held company headquartered in Eagan, MN, is a recognized leader in fluid dynamics with a mission to develop innovative products that solve problems, save precious resources, reduce operating costs, and provide exceptional and measurable results for their customers.
The company was founded in 2002 with the intent to “find a better way” to manufacture innovative and reliable fluid handling products - including chemical injectors, complete chemical dispensing systems, and high-pressure nozzles. Listed on the INC. 5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies, the MSPBJ Fast 50, and Best in Class winner at the 2016 MN Manufacturing Awards, Hydra-Flex is a small, dynamic organization with an 8-year track record of double-digit sales growth and aggressive plans for the future. Their continued growth will be fueled by expanding their chemical dispensing and nozzle technologies to new vertical markets including hydro-excavation, industrial cleaning, sanitation, vehicle wash, wastewater treatment, agriculture/horticulture, and laundry/ware washing, etc.
INNOVATION - RELIABILITY - ACCURACY
Hydra-Flex’s success is a direct result of their most important asset — their people. Working collaboratively, their team members enjoy a casual, fast-paced, flexible, and rewarding work environment that is:
- Customer Focused – they understand that their customers are the reason why they’re in business.
- Built on Teamwork – they believe teamwork divides the task and multiplies the success.
- Results Driven – they believe that what gets measured improves.
Hydra-Flex is looking for a seasoned Electrical Engineer to help them grow the business. In this role, you will have to wear many hats; work withSales, Marketing, Quality, and Manufacturing to help develop new products and improve existing products.
Do you enjoy...
1. Working in a collaborative team?
2. Finding creative solutions that revolutionize the way our customers do business?
3. One-upping competitors with amazing new product?
1. Have the capability to be a key part of Hydra-Flex’s business growth by bringing a new level of electrical prowess to the engineering department.
2. Implement new systems and best practices to assure high-quality results.
3. With little management and guidance, assert creative and technical influence using sound judgment concepts, theories, and principles to shape new electrical products and testing.
4. Develop detailed product development plans, understand technical feasibility, estimate costs and project risk, meet cost targets, coordinate resource and work to project schedules.
5. Have a broad understanding of practices in many disciplines such as industrial and consumer level electrical product design, web-based software, industrial PLC software and consumer level firmware.
6. Work with and support cross-functional teams and business units in the development of new product offerings.
7. Develop conceptual and detailed designs for complex electrical components, subsystems, and systems that comply with industry standards such as CE, UL.
8. Identify areas of technical project risk and address as appropriate before the consumption of time and resources.
9. Identify and help initiate technical projects that will lead to product innovations or improvements.
10. Conduct cost-benefit analysis where appropriate to determine best course of action.
11. Assist in the design and fabrication of prototype hardware, participates in pilot runs, and thoroughly documents the results.
12. Work with inside and outside resources to validate new products, develop test procedures, and ensure conformity to customer requirements.
13. Help to develop new intellectual property.
14. Communicate and report project status to departmental managers.
15. Work with new product projects from concept to production implementation.
16. Provide technical direction to mechanicaltechnicians involved in fabrication, machining, installation, calibration, troubleshooting, and operation of complex mechanical systems.
17. Assist with ongoing technical support of current and new products
18. Other duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- BS or MSdegree in electricalengineering or equivalent
- 10+ years of progressive experience relating to electrical and product design
- Programming experience is a plus
- Excellent decision-making skills
- Demonstrated project management and leadership skills
- Demonstrates a wide breadth of experience with electrical systems
- Ability to read, understand, and create electrical schematics
- Demonstrates hands-on experience with engineering validation
- Experience with industry standards such as UL for new and existing product
- Highly organized; able to meet deadlines, demonstrate attention to detail, and plan and manage projects.
- Ability to communicate effectively both in technical writing and verbal presentations
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other industry standard electrical software
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, small team environment under minimal supervision
- Ability to positively represent the company when interfacing with suppliers and customers
- Ability to meet schedule and cost commitments
- Ability to travel occasionally
- Reads, writes, and speaks the English language fluently
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
- Ability to stand 25% of the time
- No sponsorship available
1. Drives for Results: focuses and guides self in accomplishing work objectives
2. Influence: interacts with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization.
3. Stress Tolerance: maintains stable performance under pressure or opposition; handles stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the organization.
4. Technical/Professional Knowledge: possess, acquires, and maintains the technical expertise required to do the job effectively and to create effective solutions.
5. Execution: sets high standards of performance for self, assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
6. Fosters Trust: understands the complexities of intellectual property and maintains the confidential nature or information.
Job Type: Full-time
- ElectricalEngineering: 10 years
- Project Management: 5years
- Product Design: 5years