ENERCON is currently seeking an Electrical Engineer in the Kennesaw, GA (HQ) office. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work in a diverse and innovative team to evaluate and design power systems at power generating facilities.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to perform and lead highly complex projects. Your Key Responsibilities will be to:
- Understand roles played by other disciplines on the project and is able to coordinate and interface with other engineering disciplines
- Participate in reviewing and checking designs, drawings and data prepared by other engineers or subcontractors
- Prepares design studies, project scopes and engineering estimates
- Manages budget, scope, schedule, and quality associated with the designated work assignment with minimal guidance and technical oversight
- Prepares electrical equipment procurement and installation specifications and can evaluate technical bids and select equipment
- Devises new approaches to technical problems. Broad knowledge of precedents in the industry
- Willing to travel and participate in field installation, checkout, and start-up
Qualified candidates will have the above experience and meet the below requirements:
We do not sponsor employees for work authorization in the U.S. for this position.
- Bachelors of Science Degree in electrical engineering from an accredited university
- Prior power system design experience at power plants or nuclear power plants is preferred.
- Minimum 6 years' experience
- Experience in electrical codes, standards and criteria for power systems
- Experience with Electrical analysis software such as ETAP or SKM is preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in preparation of electrical calculations is desired
- Makes recommendations based on knowledge and experience
- Directs and oversees routine and advanced technical work performed by others on assigned projects and maintains quality standards of all assigned projects
- Proficient in Word and Excel
- Good writing, presentation and communication skills
- Ability to be an individual contributor and work effectively in teams
- Ability to travel between 15-25% of the time; duration of travel may vary depending on project and client needs, ranging from a few days to a few weeks. Position may involve a client site assignment lasting several months at a time.
Enercon Services, Inc. is a long-standing and well-respected engineering and technical services consulting company. We provide premier services to companies in the energy, utility, and industrial sectors, as well as to governmental agencies across the U.S. and Internationally.
ENERCON is fully owned by our employees and offers excellent benefits and career opportunities. To learn more about ENERCON, visit us at www.enercon.com. ENERCON does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.