LJA is an employee owned company, and our people carry pride into their projects and their workplaces. We have talented employees across the nation, and are always looking for exceptional individuals to join the LJA team. With 37 office locations, LJA is growing and ready for talented people to help us build our future. We offer great benefits and are 100% employee owned.
Summary: We are looking for highly motivated engineers who want to solve difficult problems, work hard, and have fun while working at a highly reputable and rapidly growing organization.
The Electrical Engineer will work with an experienced team of highly experienced electrical engineers/designers and other inter-disciplinary personnel such as process, mechanical and civil engineers/designers who specialize in public works and private client projects for Land Development/MUD/water and wastewater treatment facilities which typically include designs for pump stations, skid based treatment systems, switchgear, motor control centers, standby and emergency power systems, roadway/area lighting, underground conduit systems, cable tray systems, etc.
Our regular interviewing process includes a 1-hour live engineering design session with other engineers of the team to allow applicants to gauge the type of designs we are involved in while allowing us to find the proper fit for this position.
- Responsible for the development of EI&C system designs and calculations for utility services, standby power generation, motor control centers, variable frequency drives, conduit and cable schedules, electrical system design (lighting, instrumentation, PLC/RTU control and monitoring, and communications), detailed design calculations, and preparation of EI&C specifications in low voltage to medium voltage electrical systems.
- Responsible for working across the electrical project execution lifecycle, with assistance and review from other senior electrical engineers as needed, from concept development, to detailed final design and construction phase with engineering services during construction including review of and providing written responses to shop drawing submittals, requests for information (RFIs), change proposal requests, coordination with client and other internal project managers.
- Bachelor of Science Degree, Electrical Engineering with focus in power or related field of study.
- Texas PE (Electrical) mandatory.
- Minimum 6 (six) years of post-graduate experience in the conceptual and detailed design of electrical/instrumentation/control systems for land development/MUD/water/wastewater treatment facilities.
- At least two (2) years of documented successful experience of being in independently responsible charge of representing an employer in front of clients, permitting authorities, etc.
- Experience in P&ID coordination with piping group for review and markup of electrical system designs.
- Broad skills with various software packages (Word, Excel, Project Scheduling).
- Skill in using ETAP and/or SKM software would be a plus.
- Strong technical writing and communication skills.
- A strong desire to join a team of seasoned engineers and designers who will act as a mentoring resource and be there to assist the employee in learning new project control skills and design knowledge.
- Experience in midstream oil and gas sector.
- Experience in T&D.
- Experience with gas/liquid flow PLCs and control system wiring diagrams.
- CAPM certification.
- Working at a computer for extended periods of time
- Driving personal car to/from various outside meetings
- Traveling to out of town/state projects possibly for multiple day visits
- Approx. 10-15% travel mostly within or around Texas.
- This position reports to: Vice President – Electrical and Instrumentation, Energy Services
- Titles of positions reporting directly to this position: None.