We are seeking an experienced Electrical Engineer with an Industrial Market focus to join our Engineering Team. This position is responsible for performing electrical power, lighting, and low voltage system engineering tasks for electrical construction projects, under the direct supervision of an Engineering Team Leader as assigned by the Corporate Engineering Manager.
We are looking for an individual who possesses a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Architectural Engineering and at least five years progressive electrical engineering related experience or an Associate’s Degree in Electrical Technology and at least nine years progressive electrical engineering related experience. The ideal candidate would: be proficient in the use of a PC and Microsoft Office Suite (Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word), have AutoCAD/Revit knowledge (required), have good math and problem solving skills (required), have good interpersonal skills and effective oral and written communication skills (required), have the ability to read and interpret drawings, have knowledge of electrical terminology and components is necessary, have knowledge of electrical terminology and symbols is required, have knowledge of the National Electric Code (NEC) is required, and have knowledge of the International Energy Conservation Code (IECC) is necessary.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES RANGE:
- Performs detailed calculations to compute and establish construction standards and specifications.
- Prepares and studies technical drawings, and electrical specifications to ensure that installations and designs conform to standards and customer requirements.
- Plans layout of electrical construction projects.
- Conducts field surveys and studies diagram and other data to identify and correct power system problems.
- Confers with internal and external customers to discuss existing or potential construction projects.
- Provides guidance to ensure that construction activities comply with specifications, codes, and customer requirements.
- Inspects completed installations to ensure conformance to design and equipment specifications.
- Compiles data and writes reports regarding existing and potential engineering studies and projects.
- Operates computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks.
- Provides electrical engineering for complex projects with minimal team leader oversight.
- Participates in customer / project interviews.
- Proactively provides guidance to Level’s 1 and 2 Engineers and Designers as project-specific tasks are executed, or as other opportunities are identified.
- Provides training for other technical personnel in areas of expertise.
The job description and responsibilities described are intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as a comprehensive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills or abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
Faith Technologies is one of the largest, privately-held specialty contractors in the United States. We stand strong in our values as we work to Create World Class Opportunities to Succeed through:
- Uncompromised focus on keeping people SAFE.
- Building TRUST in everything we do.
- REDEFINING what’s possible.
- Rewarding individual results that create TEAM SUCCESS.