Candidate will work as part of a multi-discipline team performing electrical engineering design during all phases of multiple simultaneous projects located throughout the United States. Assignments will include performing design calculations, interpreting and preparing reports, preparing cost estimates, and producing deliverable drawing sets including site plans, lighting plans, power plans, special systems plans, one-line diagrams, schedules, and details.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Designs and specifies project-appropriate electrical engineering requirements.
- Assists to direct the work of Electrical Specialists.
- Attends client meetings and communicates with clients, consultants, contractors, and others during various stages of project development.
- Conducts site investigations and observations.
- Prepares narratives, reports, calculations, drawing and specification documents in accordance with a high degree of quality, yet with regard to project schedule and budget constraints.
- Performs cross-discipline discussions and coordination.
- Assists with reviews of electrical engineering documents for code and program requirements.
- Participates in Construction Administration by reviewing shop drawings and submittals, responding to RFI’s, solving construction issues, and performing site visits to assess general conformance with the design concept.
- Mentors and encourages the development of junior professionals and technicians.
- Assists with marketing and business development activities including building relationship with key clients and strategic partners, proposal writing, fee estimates, and client interviews.
- Travel for marketing and project-related activities will be required.
- ABET-accredited degree in Masters of Architectural Engineering with an electrical/lighting emphasis or Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in electrical engineering on a wide variety of projects within the A/E industry. Some project experience in healthcare work is preferred.
- Registered Professional Electrical Engineer preferred. LEED accreditation a plus.
- Strong practical knowledge of codes and related industry standards (Energy, LEED, ASHRAE, etc.)
- Production experience preparing deliverable drawing sets in Revit and AutoCAD.
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency using:
- Power system simulation and generator analysis software, such as SKM PowerTools.
- Building energy code analysis software such as COMcheck.
- Lighting simulation analysis software, such as Visual or AGi32. Knowledge of ElumTools for REVIT is a plus.
- Daylighting analysis software, such as DIVA for Rhino is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to:
- Layout electrical receptacles and coordinate power requirements for mechanical equipment, kitchen equipment, medical or owner-furnished equipment, etc.
- Create power one-line diagrams: normal and emergency power, size power conductors, perform load calculations, and size switchgear and switchboards.
- Select and layout light fixtures (interior and exterior). Knowledge of lighting control methodologies a plus.
- Design low-voltage systems: voice and data, nurse call, public address, fire alarm, and intercom, etc. is a plus.
- Self-motivated team player with strong interpersonal, communication, writing, and presentation skills.