Candidate will provide support to the FAA Alaska Satellite Telecommunications Infrastructure (ASTI) Program. Electrical/Electronics Engineering support to review / design / conduct design reviews of complex electrical/electronics systems, components, facilities, and equipment associated with the upgrade and modernization of the ASTI systems. The candidate will provide the necessary engineering and design support in various areas of electronics engineering.
- Evaluates electrical systems, products, components, and applications by designing and conducting research; applying knowledge of electricity and materials.
- Confirms system's and components' capabilities by designing testing methods; testing properties.
- Develops electrical products by studying customer requirements; researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials.
- Assures product quality by designing electrical testing methods; testing finished products and system capabilities.
- Prepares product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Provides engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering and 4+ years of relevant experience in
Electronic Systems, Electronics Troubleshooting, Electronic Testing Design, Project Management, Technical Drawings\Drafting, Quality Focus, Analyzing Information , Reporting Research Results, Attention to Detail, Emphasizing Excellence, Innovation.
Familiar with Alaskan / Remote work environments. Experience with FAA electronic communications system is highly desired. Drafting and schematics drawing a plus.