Our team is comprised of creative, self-motivated, hands-on engineers, designers, and technicians. Our new team member will be an innovative thinker who excels in continuous improvement and making the right things happen.
This is a unique opportunity for an exceptional individual who thrives in an autonomous, creative, high-energy start-up atmosphere. The current scope of design includes DC and AC power supplies as well as embedded control systems for LED lighting.
To be considered, the candidate must be able to demonstrate the following:
- A strong understanding of switching and linear power supplies, in particular, as used in an application for powering LED’s.
- Proficiency in DC circuit design and circuit board layout (including high-frequency switching circuits and embedded control), best practices for noise mitigation, PCB CAD software (Altium preferred).
- A prowess for circuit board analysis and troubleshooting, the ability and willingness to take a 'hands on' bench role in developing, analyzing, and troubleshooting various circuits.
- Excellent project management skills, and the ability to establish and maintain timelines with external suppliers and internal team members
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Masters strongly preferred and a minimum of 7 years of related experience.
The following attributes are strongly desired:
- An understanding of embedded control systems and RF control systems, technologies, and design techniques.
- Extensive experience simulating circuit designs.
- Proficiency in AC circuit design and circuit board layout (UL 1598 experience)
- A solid understanding of current LED technologies and the leading LED suppliers (or the technical background to research and quickly master this knowledge).
- Experience developing electrical consumer products.
You will find this position very satisfying if you:
Are passionate about your work and prefer to avoid big company bureaucracy, politics, and other hurdles to bringing great products to market very quickly.
- Are highly creative and enjoy using that creativity to focus your technical expertise on problems to develop elegant solutions.
- Tend to be generally positive and approach most challenges with the firm belief that you will succeed.
- Are comfortable with the flexibility and autonomy
- Have a broad range of personal and professional interests and tend to want to learn things even if they are outside of your core area of focus.
- Love to build, tinker, design, create, modify and experiment.
- Love boating.