Nuro exists to better everyday life through robotics. We have an elite team of entrepreneurs and engineers, designers, and scientists. We believe AI and robotics are at the cusp of transforming daily life and we are dedicated to building meaningful products with this technology. Join us and play a critical role in our mission.
About the Role
Our hardware team is growing and we are looking for a leader to guide a team of electrical engineers to develop exciting products that will enable our autonomous delivery service.
About the Work
- Lead our EE platform team to build vehicle platforms with well-designed EE subsystems
- Work with key stakeholders from product, systems, safety and software engineering to define requirements, and ensure that our platform designs meet those requirements.
- Develop relationships with our manufacturing partners and work with them on driving designs, prototyping, development and scalable manufacturing with quality controls.
- Work with other EE function teams to develop and integrate EE subsystems into our vehicles.
- Drive part quality improvements, cost reductions, and efficiency improvements.
- Communicate team decisions, development plans, and ongoing issues to other stakeholders
- Support our design validation team in defining and driving hardware test, integration, and validation strategies.
- Help decide what to do in-house and what to outsource.
- Proven ability to lead, grow, and foster the development of high performing engineering teams
- 7+ years of leading the development and shipping of highly-integrated electronic systems.
- Great EE fundamentals. This means you have a deep understanding of why our discipline works the way it does; you've developed an intuition and can apply it to new topics because you understand the basics.
- Can-do attitude and excited to work in a dynamic start-up environment; advancing projects from concept/development phase through launch and mass production.
- Effective communicator able to ensure alignment across company and partners with regards to vehicle program high level goals, detailed inputs and outputs, and development expectations (timing, maturity, etc.).
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills to ensure full coverage and timely program progress given aggressive internal goals around vehicle delivery timing.
At Nuro, we celebrate differences and are committed to a diverse