Our Electrical Engineer will design and developelectrical/electronic design concepts and implement concepts into finished working designs. You will work from specification requirements, design concepts and inputs from customer and other engineers involving multidisciplinary activities.
- Design and develop electrical/electronic design concepts and implement concepts into finished working designs. Work from specification requirements, design concepts and inputs from customer and other engineers involving multidisciplinary activities.
- Review master patterns for printed circuits, provide part selection, specify shipboard cabling, develop or specify test methods and associated test equipment.
- Identify tasks associated with existing projects and estimate manpower and other resources required to execute objectives.
- Apply design of Slip Rings and Power Supplies, calculate and reduce power dissipation in circuits. Apply FPGAs and other programmable devices. Perform extended application and analysis of op-amps, logic devices, and DC motors and current/torque requirements.
- Capable of performing design analysis and establish circuit level tests to establish validity of designs including thermal effects and contributions of tolerance.
- Prepare and present internal and external design reviews, PDR and CDR activities to demonstrate the design meets all specifications and customer requirements.
Knowledge, Skills & Competencies:
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years of experience
- Capable of providing technical supervision and training/mentoring to lower level engineers.
- General knowledge of all areas of electrical engineering and capable of leading the design of existing components.
- Understand reliability and maintainability analysis and understand electromagnetic compatibility.
- Working knowledge, skill, and efficiency using schematic capture software, manufacturing support software and planning and control software, Microsoft Office Suite, Mentor Graphics DXDesigner, Easy CAD, AutoCAD, PADs or similar, MathCAD helpful.
- High Speed Design
- FPGA background a plus.
- Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain a US Secret Clearance.