Johns Manville's Etowah, TN facility is looking an Electrical Engineer to support their 24/7 operation. The role will be responsible for developing, scoping, coordinating, justifying, implementing, and managing from start to finish a broad range of industrial electrical and control system manufacturing projects, including scope documents, engineering calculations and designs, specifications, cost estimates, schedules, project justifications, and project training and documentation.
Applicants can expect to make between $88,000 to $110,000 upon hire. Pay within this range will vary based upon relevant experience, skills, and education among other factors. In addition, this position is eligible for a target incentive bonus under our variable incentive plan.
- Ability to perform electrical & control systems engineering for all aspects of projects with limited guidance.
- Prepares and reviews technical electrical specifications for equipment and processes projects.
- Assist the Corporate Electrical Group in review and implementation of Corporate Specifications and Standards.
- Assist facility with manufacturing operations as well as execution of electrical safety initiatives.
- Provide project management and oversight for all aspects and phases of more than one project assignments concurrently and responsible for driving projects to completion.
- Ensure compliance to technical specifications and contracts for equipment and services for all aspects of projects.
- Maintain good communication to management and project customers regarding project status, problems, and changes.
- Coordinate, review, provide oversight, and manage supplier and contractor activities for all aspects of the project on and off site, including the commissioning, startup, and training for plant personnel.
- Develop bid request documentation, supplier lists, bid evaluations and make recommendations for purchasing.
- Manage overall project budget, forecasts, schedule, scope, deliverables, execution, and reporting to provide the expected benefits of the project to the organization.
- Coordinate, review, provide oversight, and manage external engineering resources and consultants as needed.
- Provides support for remote manufacturing facilities to determine root cause failure analysis and development of corrective action plans.
What You Bring to the Team:
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering (or related) with experience in Electrical and/or controls engineering in a continuous and/or discrete manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated electrical and control system engineering capabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to provide solutions to basic project and process engineering problems.
- Solid knowledge of PLC (including programming) along with communications control networked systems.
- Project management skills
- Demonstrated knowledge in the application of the NFPA 70E Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace -- arc flash energy and shock hazards.
- Ability to manage and support multiple (1-3) projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated success managing projects $50k - $200k.
- Demonstrated capabilities in working collaboratively with all levels of the organization.
- Must possess good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated drive and initiative to complete assigned tasks and investigate and seek out improvement opportunities.
- Requires travel (<10%)
- Demonstrated experience in the engineering and implementation of 480V (Switchgear, Power Distribution Panel, Motor Control Center) and Power Distribution Systems.
- Knowledge of Siemens drives and PLCs.
- Incumbent must be physically able to perform essential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.