Job Description: EnerSys is the global leader in stored energy solutions for industrial applications. We have over thirty manufacturing and assembly plants worldwide servicing over 10,000 customers in more than 100 countries. Worldwide headquarters are located in Reading, PA, USA with regional headquarters in Europe and Asia. We complement our extensive line of Motive Power and Energy Systems with a full range of integrated services and systems. With sales and service locations throughout the world, and over 100 years of battery experience, EnerSys is the power/full solution for stored DC power products. We continue to grow in our industry by ensuring all employees possess the following core competencies: customer focused, team player, engaged, ethical, strong communication skills, and works safely.
This position will be focusing primarily on our Reserve Power applications, which include telecommunications, IT, uninterruptible power supplies (UPS), utilities and switchgear, security, emergency lighting and general electronics. Some of the reserve power brands include PowerSafe,DataSafe, and Genesis. Our extensive product range serves a variety of reserve power applications and consistently delivers the most effective, powerful and reliable batteries available.
With limited supervision, responsible for the complex activities relating to the design, development, testing and evaluation of digital communication projects. This includes the interpretation and implementation of specifications and functional requirements. Provide technical supervision to junior engineers and other technical personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Embedded processor design, digital communication SMT circuit design, component selection and characterization
- PCB layout directives to board designers
- Root cause analysis of non-compliant units from contract assembly houses
- Work closely with both internal and external engineering groups: compliance, quality, ME and EE
- Produce test plans and test reports for the relevant hardware portions of EnerSys communication products
- Evaluate released product designs and propose significant cost reduction/functional improvement changes
- Provide technical interface between engineering groups, co-developers, applications, technical publications, manufacturing, marketing, sales and the customer
- Coordinate/conduct all necessary unit, qualification and verification testing required for proposed design changes
- Propose technical solutions to requests/problems from other departments and write change orders to effectively implement solutions
- Provide technical solutions to customer requests for modified standard products
- Communicate and coordinate design information with other design team members
- Mentor junior engineers as needed
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent military training in the field of Communications Development: BSEE, BSEET or related experience
- 6+ years in field of embedded hardware design and development or military equivalent
- Experience with SMT board and system level design from cradle to grave
- Experience with communications interfaces: Fiber, Bluetooth, Ethernet, USB, I2C, SPI, RS485, USART etc.
- Experience with embedded single and multi-processor design
- Track record for designing to cost requirements
- Experience in designing for high volume production techniques for manufacturability
- Excellent debugging skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong team work and team building skills
- Good interpersonal communications skills and documentation discipline
- Hands on experience in fast paced and high stress environment
- Solid skills in project, vendor and customer timeline management
- Working knowledge of documentation and release processes
General Job Requirements