Job Title: Electrical Engineer - Band C
Location: Irving, TX, 75014
Schedule: Shift 1 M-F; 8 Hours/Day
Manager wants candidates to have one of these three items when you submit them
- PCB designer (6months).
- Siemens PLC S7400 with knowledge of safety standards (basically be able to implement PLC to make machine safety compliant) (4months).
- FPGA programmer (4months).
Seeking a Staff Electrical Engineer to join our Postal Automation design team in Irving, TX. The successful candidate will be responsible for architecture, design, development, and verification of a wide array of board and flex circuit designs for leading edge automation equipment.
Demonstrates and applies comprehensive knowledge of field of specialization to the successful completion of complex assignments. Demonstrates advanced knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization. Demonstrates significant knowledge of organization''s business practices and issues faced and contributes to problem resolution of those issues. Typically 8-10 years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above. Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience, where applicable.
**U.S. and international safety codes and regulations with specific experience in the application of NFPA 70, NFPA79 and UL 60950
- Enclosure design in accordance with UL 508A
- Power distribution systems including DC, 208Y120 and 480V poly-phase AC systems.
- Selection and application of machine safety systems
- Motor controls including dynamic braking / speed control of induction motors and servo applications
- ESD and EMI principles and system grounding concepts
- Creation of detailed, accurate technical data packages including schematics, assembly drawings and bills of material
- Design end-to-end electrical solutions for complex mail sortation equipment.
- Develop board (PCB and FCB) design requirements and specifications
- PCB and FCB detailed design, simulation and schematic capture
- Robust designs for reliability and regulatory compliance (e.g. EMI)
- Develop timing and physical implementation constraints
- Develop and execute verification plans written for board designs
- Lead design integration activities with cross-functional engineering teams
- Hold detailed design reviews for board and system designs
- Support PCB layout activities
- Support new vendor selection and qualification for board fabrication and assembly
- Transfer designs to manufacturing; work closely with vendors and Siemens manufacturing organization to ensure high yield production
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- BSEE (MSEE preferred) and 8+ years of experience with high-speed PCB design
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to align stakeholders to execute the corporate and project strategy
- Experience designing analog and digitalcircuits
- Experience with schematic capture tools (Mentor DxDesigner or similar), VHDL/Verilog simulation tools (ModelSim or similar), and PCB layout tools (Allegro or similar)
- Experience with board stack up, layout requirements and layout rules
- Ability to adapt to change and work in a rapidly-changing environment
BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certification may be required in some areas.