N2 Imaging Systems, recently acquired by UTC Aerospace Systems, is an acknowledged leader in the design and manufacture of compact, low power, visible and infrared imaging systems used for soldier vision enhancement, targeting, and surveillance during day, night or low-visibility conditions. Our vertically integrated company, including operations and engineering staff are experienced veterans in providing low-power, lightweight solutions for capturing imagery across the spectrum. Our passion for supporting the Warfighter and their mission demands excellence in everything we do, from the talent we recruit to the highly-engineered systems we deliver. We value people, integrity, ideas and performance.
N2 is currently seeking a highly motivated, experienced Electrical Engineer (EE) to join our interdisciplinary team of engineers working in a hands-on, collaborative environment. The EE will have the responsibility of driving successful design, implementation and testing of a wide-range of analog and digitalcircuitry. The Electrical Engineer will generate leading edge designs for low SWAP-C (Size, Weight And Power - Cost) components and products. The EE will work with the N2 engineering and operations team to bring those designs from PDR through qualification and into high volume production.
- Electricalcircuit design, based on explicit design specifications and/or general functional requirements.
- Circuit and component analysis (Simulation, reliability over temperature, etc.).
- Test support, including writing test procedures and designing test fixtures. System level test support may also be necessary.
- Support formal design reviews and presentations to customers.
- Contribute technical expertise to leadership for proposals and other business opportunities.
- US Persons required
- 3 to 7 years of experience in design and development of low SWAP-C electronic components and circuitry
- Excellent analytical, written and verbal communication skills are required
- Design concept skills are required as the successful candidate will be involved in many proposals, presentations and customer reports
- Ability to adapt in a fast paced, highly-structured environment
A valued candidate will have one or more of the following desirable skills and/or areas of expertise
- Experience with Color, Infrared and/or Low Light imaging sensors and any subsequent hardware design
- SP and/or FPGA hardware design. HDL digitalcircuit design experience would be a plus as well.
- Video processing including image enhancement, compression and display control and driving
- Analog and mixed-signal circuitry including ADCs, DACs and environment sensing ICs
- Power supply design, using switch-mode and linear regulation ICs, for low power, high-efficiency battery powered systems.
- Experience guiding and/or executing high-density PCB design
- Experience working as part of an Engineering IPT team designing US DOD qualified products
- Bachelor's degree in ElectricalEngineering or physical sciences with significant focus on design of electronic systems
If interested, pleaseapply online at https://track.talentbrew.com?jobmediaid=275061&typeid=1