Are you a design professional that is passionate about making a difference in our communities? Do you want to leave your stamp on the healthcare system in Canada and abroad? Do you want to share your expertise to improve the lives of others? Are you excited about complex projects that make a difference?
WSP is currently seeking a dynamic Intermediate/Senior Electrical Engineer to join our Mechanical and Electrical Engineering group, located at our Markham and Toronto offices. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading project teams from conceptual design through to completion on electrical, lighting, technology, integration, and security consulting engineering projects in the healthcare and life sciences sectors.
- Applying a high level of technical and professional electricalengineering and consulting expertise while offering leadership to members of the design team;
- Develop standards related to our electricalengineering practice, ensuring best practices for project delivery, and when applicable sustainable building constructions;
- Responsible for ensuring that the drawings and specifications meet established project criteria and applicable standards;
- Prepare reports, proposals, and tender/bid submissions, budgets, project plans and othersupporting documentation as required;
- Power distribution, essential power systems including generators and UPS, Substations, transformers, metering, primary and secondary switchgear, motor control and motor control centers Life Safety including Fire Alarm system design;
- Lighting, Lighting Control systems;
- Structured data cabling, communications, security, energy management, Nurse Call system design;
- Providing technical support to the project managers; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelordegree in ElectricalEngineering from an accredited institution or proof of equivalency;
- 8+ years of related experience in Health Care projects, preferably in a consulting engineering environment;
- P.Eng designation is preferred. Will consider candidates who are close to reaching their designation;
- Intimate knowledge of high voltage systems;
- Good understanding of lighting and low voltage systems such as nurse call, security, fire alarm, etc; and
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal;
- Naturally inquisitive, positive and easily capable of building meaningful relationships internally and externally.