When you work at SSOE, you work with the best and you're a part of something bigger than yourself. And providing the best possible workplace for our employees gives us a competitive advantage-helping us attract and retain top talent and drive better business results.
The following duties are typical of the position but are not all encompassing. Responsibilities include those required to deliver quality service on schedule and within budget in a team environment.
- Leads effort for development of Electrical, I&C design packages.
- Assists in P&ID development.
- Plans and conducts work requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard accepted methods.
- Performs most assignments with instructions as to general results expected, exercises sound judgment to resolve problems, but may receive technical guidance on unusual or complex problems and solicits the approval of the department manager or project engineer for proposed design solutions.
- Performs detailed phases of engineering work on major projects or total engineering work on projects of smaller or moderate scope.
- Develops Electrical Schematics, loop diagrams and other instrument wiring drawings, and control panel designs.
- Develops and maintains instrument indexes.
- Develops and applies instrument installation details.
- Performs checking and technical assurance of drawings and specifications.
- May devise new approaches and solutions to problems encountered and communicates changes to the team.
- Interfaces with client and SSOE team to coordinate design activities.
- May supervise and coordinate the work of less experienced engineers and designers and be responsible for checking a portion or all of the drawings completed on the project within the discipline.
- May take part in client contact and business development activities.
- Meets with client to define project scope, present project progress, and assure client satisfaction.
- May write portions or all of the specifications and assist in or prepare total cost estimates.
- Performs design work on CADD.
- Develops engineering concepts and presentations.
- Coordinates work with other disciplines.
- Keeps current on new design methods and ideas.
- Travel required.
- Valid driver's license required. May be waived for international assignments.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, which qualifies for licensure in the state of practice, is required.
- PE or PE-tracked preferred, with five (5) or more years of related practical experience with former employer(s) required.
- Experience in chemical or refinery design preferred.
- PLC and DCS Programming experience a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong communication skills.