Job DescriptionSee More
Electrical / Electronics
An Electrical Engineer III role located in Lynnwood, WA is currently available through Belcan. The Administrative Assistant will work under minimal supervision and uses established procedures to perform and lead engineering duties in researching, planning, designing, and developing power conversion products for use in the Aerospace or Electronics marketplace. The Electrical Engineer III works on new product designs, modernization, and upgrades, as well as performs extensive analyses to ensure cost, quality, and customer requirements. The Electrical Engineer III also uses computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform daily assignments, applying principles of science and mathematics to develop economical and reliable solutions to technical problems.
Electrical Engineer III job duties:
* Produce thorough and accurate design and development work of suitable complexity that meets
all customer specifications and company requirements for schedule, cost, producibility, quality,
* Provide technical leadership for cross-functional project teams
* Analyze design requirements and objectives, define optimum design criteria and approach, and
design system or component elements
* Initiate or direct functional, acceptance, qualification, or development testing on new or modified
* Understand, decompose, and define product and process requirements to support product
development, sustaining and R&D.
* Generate and review product development documentation including proposals, technical reports,
procedures, correspondence, etc. necessary to satisfy customer and program requirements.
* Plan, estimate, prioritize, and manage work activities to support meeting project schedules and
* Utilize proficient problem-solving processes, documentation, tools and analyses to quickly and
effectively identify root cause and corrective actions to technical challenges and/or issue in
support of product development and product sustaining assignments
* Work effectively with all functional groups to achieve product performance and cost targets.
Build quality and manufacturability into the design. Define/understand/comply with company
and regulatory guidelines to assure a safe operating environment
* Support continuous process improvement activities including Kaizen, 5S practices to ensure an
organized and efficient working environment, and personal development.
* Any other task assigned by supervisor or management
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* BS Degree in Electrical Engineering. Masters or PhD preferred.
* 5+ years of relevant work experience
* Analog Circuit Design
* Micro-Electronics Design
* Magnetics Design
* Experience with a variety of switching power conversion topologies
* Control circuitry for PWM power topologies
* Experience with SPICE circuit simulation tools (PSPICE, SIMPLIS, etc.)
* Worst Case Circuit Analysis (WCCA), Electrical Stress / Derating and Design Failure Modes &
Effects Analysis (DFMEA)
* Power conversion product design for harsh radiation environments as experienced by spacecraft
* Familiarity with hybrid (chip & wire) layout processes, methods, and deliverables
* Space qualified, Mil-Spec, FAA and/or other highly regulated product design experience
* Document Control / Product Data Management tools
* Technical leadership experience
* Project management experience
* MUST be a US person
If you are interested in this Electrical Engineer III role located in Lynnwood, WA please apply via the 'apply now' link provided.
Belcan is a global supplier of engineering, technical recruiting, and IT services to customers in the aerospace, industrial, and government sectors. Belcan engineers" better outcomes through adaptive and integrated services-from jet engines, airframe, and avionics to heavy vehicles, chemical processing, and cybersecurity. Belcan takes a partnering approach to provide customer-driven solutions that are flexible, scalable, and cost-effective. Our unique capabilities have led to continuous growth and success for over 60 years. We are a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age.
Valid through: 6/7/2021