The candidate will report to the Director of Engineering. Projects span a broad array of complex types in the Federal, Healthcare, Higher Ed, and Aviation markets. This position will take an active role on an interdisciplinary team of engineers, designers, technicians and architects and actively participate in design review meetings, equipment and system selection, coordination with governing agencies, quality control reviews, interdisciplinary coordination, and resource management. Work product to consist of Contract Documents including drawings and specifications for building electrical, communications, and low voltage systems.
- Designs and specifies project-appropriate engineering requirements.
- Conducts site investigations and observations.
- Prepares narratives, reports, calculations, drawing and specification documents in accordance with a high degree of quality, yet with regard to project schedule and budget constraints.
- Performs cross-discipline discussions and coordination.
- Participates in Construction Administration by reviewing shop drawings and submittals, responding to RFI’s, solving construction issues, and performing site visits to assess general conformance with the design concept.
- Attends client meetings and communicates with clients, consultants, contractors, and others during various stages of project development.
- Travel, nationally and internationally, for marketing and project-related activities will be required.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in the field of Electrical Engineering
- 4 - 10 years of experience in the field of electrical systems engineering and design while working under the supervision of Project Engineers and Designers within the A&E industry
- Licensure as Professional Engineer
- Demonstrated practical knowledge of codes and related industry standards
- Production proficiency delivering drawing sets in Revit and AutoCAD required.
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency using industry standard calculation software preferred.
- Ability to perform design responsibilities including sizing, layout, and coordination.
- Self-motivated team player with strong interpersonal, communication, writing, and presentation skills.
- Ability to deal with competing priorities and manage time appropriately.
- RCDD certification or ability to obtain within a year of hire
- Federal, Healthcare, and Higher Ed market sector experience preferred