John Bean Technologies Corporation has a long history of technical innovation. JBT traces its roots to 1884 when inventor John Bean developed a new type of spray pump to combat San Jose scale in California's orchards. Our innovative solutions have helped create industries, and our tradition of invention continues to contribute to customer success today. We are a leading provider in nearly every market in which we compete, with strong relationships that only begin with the best people, equipment and technologies available anywhere. Today, JBT is a strong and balanced market leader with almost $1 billion in annual revenues.
JBT Wolf-tec is a leading innovative equipment manufacturer providing better, safer and more cost effective manufacturing methods for meat, poultry, and seafood processors and turnkey solutions for automation.
We have an immediate opportunity for an Electrical Engineer. The Electrical Engineer creates and/or modifies electronics hardware for functional, reliable, cost effective solution to meet specifications, standards and performance requirements. Works as part of a team on complex electronics/software projects being a key member and driving force in the detailed design of the system.
- Design of digital, analog and power circuits. Including high speed digital and embedded system design. Works with simulators and lab software to create solutions and prototypes to prove out concepts.
- Responsible for PCB Design, Layout and Schematic Capture. Maintains documentation including schematics, revisions and vendor board creation files. Supports sourcing and vendors in manufacturing of complete boards.
- Legacy product support including board reverse engineering, electronic component obsolescence, re-design for moderation and value engineering.
- First channel of support for manufacturing, sales, and service on issue resolution. Will assist in training of manufacturing and service on technically related aspects on new designs and instrumentation. Performs failure analysis on hardware and systems.
- Draft EE bulletins, procedures, and other technical writing. Files all related design files in PLM software.
Assist with customer issues in the field as well as demonstrations and installations. Supports manufacturing production when necessary.
Masters of Science in Electrical Engineering. Military training in a electronic area considered a plus. Occasional travel will be required.
Knowledge and Skills:
Working knowledge of design tools and simulators such as Pspice, OrCAD, Eagle, Matlab, NI Multisim, ModelSim etc. Experience with electronic product design in industrial applications. Familiar with Ethernet and Control Bus Protocols. Familiar with Serial Communication Protocols. Knowledge of environmental and global compliance (Emissions, RoHS, CE, UL, CSA etc.) Experience with use of, scopes, logic analyzers, signal generators, digital meters etc. Ability to read, interpret and prepare applicable technical information and suggest design/process changes to ensure simple, functional, and cost effective results. Good internal presentation and report writing skills.
4-5 years of experience in design and development of electronic hardware for new products.
Works with engineering team to support project goals
Will be responsible to maintain time records on tasks and assist in maintaining budgets.
Requisition ID 2017-2702