Responsible for the technical adequacy of site power distribution system. This position will support operational business units with engineering services, technical benchmarking, and continuous improvement. This includes design of new capital projects, troubleshooting, and improvement initiatives.
- Fulfill the commitment to ensure a safe and healthy work environment.
- Fulfill the responsibilities required to achieve the Quality Commitment.
- Demonstrate commitment to teamwork by fostering an environment that embodies trust and respect.
- Ensure working knowledge of competencies as defined in ISO 9001: 2015/IATF 16949 and ISO 14001: 2015
- Responsible for safe and adequate distribution of medium voltage site wide.
- Troubleshooting power distribution issues and implement power quality improvements.
- Design and prepare specifications for electrical distributions system for new projects.
- Monitor usage and recommend efficiencies with internal customers.
- Coordinate with equipment manufacturers on electrical service requirements.
- Develop and improve equipment maintenance programs related to power distribution.
Education and Accreditation:
- +8 years’ experience in electrical design in an industrial environment
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering
- PE registration (desired)
- IEEE, NESC, and NEC codes and standards
- Grounding and bonding requirements
- Medium voltage distribution systems (above ground and underground)
- Arc Flash Calculations
- Coordination, study coordination and management
- Familiar with transformer, conductor, and equipment inspection and testing requirements
- Proficient with the design, installation, and maintenance of switchgear
- Protection relay programming
- Kirk key systems
- Installation methods of electrical systems
- Design of new and upgrades of existing medium voltage systems
- Preparing single and three-line diagrams
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Microsoft Office Suite including Microsoft Project
- Familiar with SKM
Tools and Equipment:
- Laptop, smart phone