Are you detail-oriented, creative, and technically skilled at Engineering design and development? Come to Crane Aerospace & Electronics and use your excellent Engineering skills to design, improve, and deliver the next generation of products in the Space, Military and Aerospace industries!
Crane Aerospace & Electronics supplies critical systems and components to the aerospace and defense markets. You’ll find Crane Aerospace & Electronics in some of the toughest environments: from engines to landing gear; from satellites to medical implants and from missiles to unmanned aerial systems (UAS), our products have proven their ability to operate in the most demanding environments.
Our product line includes custom, semi-custom and off-the-shelf power converters and custom miniature (hybrid) electronics circuits for applications across various markets including commercial, space and military aerospace and fiber optics. We have been designing and building DC/DC converters, EMI filters, and special products since 1969.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Electrical Engineer III at our Redmond, WA campus. In this position, you will provide technical expertise to our product design team. You will develop products by initiating innovative circuit designs, conducting analysis and characterization.
- Provides electrical engineering support to assigned products/programs.
- Conducts engineering tests and detailed experimental testing to determine root cause and remedy for all related issues.
- Assists with the preparation of proposals for new products, processes or special customer needs.
- Maintain orderly records, test data, schematics and configuration control on all phases of the engineering development process.
- BSEE with 5+ years’ experience electronics power conversion product design and manufacturing or
- MSEE with 2+ years’ experience electronics power conversion product design and manufacturing
- Proficient in DC/DC power conversion design and circuit analysis/modeling
- Demonstrated multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
- Ability to effectively work within project design team
- Good debugging skills
- Demonstrated experienceworking with minimal supervision while working in a cross-functional team environment.
- Mil-Spec, FAA and/or Space qualified product experience
- Digital and analog controlled PWM power topologies
- Radiation hardened components and analysis
- Familiarity with thick film hybrid processes for power conversion circuits
- Working knowledge of layout parasitics and effects
- Worse Case Analysis, Stress and Derating, Mean Time Between Failures, Failure Mode Effects and Analysis
Special Work Conditions:
- Eligibility requirements include U.S. nationals.
Crane Aerospace & Electronics offers competitive salaries and outstanding opportunities for career growth and development. Visit our website at CraneAE.com for more information on our company, benefits and great opportunities.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work being performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Crane Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.