About the role:
Vecna Robotics’ logistics solutions automate and streamline the transport and flow of materials through some of today's largest materials handling facilities. We are looking for an Electrical Engineer II to join a small and agile hardware engineering team designing, integrating and testing electrical system architectures, embedded control systems, power electronics, and electro-mechanical systems.
The successful candidate will have system-level and component/board level design/integration/test experience. Work will be performed at the proof of concept phase through production and product support. The engineer will be responsible for managing system and component level electrical requirements, designing/integrating/testing energy storage, power distribution, and embedded control systems for robotics applications while interfacing with mechanical and software engineers to minimize cost, size, and weight while maximizing function. This is a full-time, salaried role.
In this role you will:
- Schematic design, PCB layout, and review of multi-layer PCB assemblies.
- Specification of appropriate components including embedded controls, analog and digital components, wiring harnesses and connectors.
- Prototype breadboarding and bench testing of proposed designs.
- Complete documentation of all designs, including block diagrams, schematics, PCB layouts, BOMs, wiring diagrams, assembly instructions and testing procedures.
- Work with mechanical and software control engineers to satisfy system requirements.
- Assemble, test and debug first article hardware and track necessary revisions.
- Support agency certification activities.
What we are looking for:
- BS Electrical Engineering, MS preferred.
- 5 years minimum of work experience.
- Previous digital and multi-layer PCB design experience.
- Experience with prototype development processes.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Experience with PCB assembly and soldering.
- Strong organizational, communication, and prioritization skills.
- Experience with PIC32 and/or ARM microcontroller firmware development preferred.
- Knowledge of RTOS and real time systems preferred.
- Experience with Altium preferred.
- Experience with power electronics (~1kW) and power management systems preferred.
- Experience with CE (safety, EMI, ESD, etc), FCC, UL and other agency certifications preferred.